JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The gun is in pretty good condition and shoots amazing... From what i have gather .223 is pretty rare to find and is very collectible. I have seen it online from 700-1500... I have not to see if my is a slant cut or straight cut receiver... But it currently has a ATI 6 position stock, ati pistol grip and handguard..... It also comes with the dragunov stock that was on it before... has a tapco trigger, ati forgrip and a bsa green dot scope... two original 30 round metal mag from norinco and a 5 round mag.... I am also confuse since this is ak is in .223 does thatmake it a ak74 rather than a ak47?

While I can't tell you the value as I'm not up to speed on the ak prices I would think that this gun would be most suited to ak collectors instead of the average shooter. I personally stay away from ak's in the 556/223 caliber. It seems alot of other people do also judging by the ones I've seen on this site and others that don't sell.

Give it a day or so for the ak guys jump in and give you a what-it's-worth value.

It's a post- ban rifle. Relatively rare, but it doesn't have a huge AK collectors' following like the pre-ban rifles do. Certainly not over $1,000 in today's market. The addition of the AR furniture does not increase it's collectibility either. 5.56 NATO in an AK isn't any more accurate than 5.45x39, but wanting to keep your ammo compatible with other rifles is a good idea. By choosing a rifle chambered in 5.56 though, you will lose one main contributor to the AKs inherent reliability, and that is the tapered case and chamber of the comm bloc design. I suspect you will still enjoy it :) .

Keith

Okay thanks for the info! On ak forums I see that they go for 750-1000... Oh yeah my is 922 compliant and has a tapco trigger kit ... I hear norinco is just as reliable as the 7.62 :) that is info coming from ak forums... I'm happy that it's a good shooter and is a well made ak :) not looking to sell it anytime soon :)

Norinco is the manufacturer. They manufacture rifles in many calibers, the 5.56 was just one of them. Very reliable with a high quality of build. I would say that the Chinese rifles are in the top three of all countries' rifles. You cannot go wrong with one.

For what you and I use these rifles for, a straight-walled chamber is no more or less reliable than one with a tapered chamber as long as it is clean and kept free from conditions that could cause it to pit. A pitted straight wall chamber is highly undesirable, as our soldiers discovered when the M16 was introduced in Vietnam. Extraction suffers and can become so bad that it becomes impossible. A tapered case is much less susceptible to sticking to a corroded chamber which is why the Ruskies chose the strange shape. Again, not a real issue unless you are planning to take your BWR to the jungle :) .

Keith

5.56 has a longer effective range than 7.62x39. Accuracy in this case is more the function of the platform than the cartridge i.e is an AK chambered in 5.56 more accurate than an AR chambered in 7.62 x39? I seriously doubt it, although the AK in that case would have a longer range. Whether 5.56 is more accurate than 5.45 in the same platform I don't know. I suspect that for all intent and purpose the two are nearly identical.

Keith