JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ended up going today, was going to be in the general area to meet someone from the south for another reason. I ended up thinking highly of it.

I would say it was comparable to the Monroe show, though smaller. A good mix of hunting rifles, black rifles, handguns. Many of the same sellers as Puyallup or Monroe but a different mix. I had a Colt SAA clone I had been trying to sell a while. Within four minutes of being inside the door a vendor asked to see it and agreed to my asking price (not high, not low, a fair price; I had done my homework) almost immediately. Color me pleased.

I also noticed very much the crowd was different than the Seattle shows. Not just more "rural" but more families, and not just dads and kids. I met a some 50-ish guys with their dads, and also more wives, and mothers/daughters - thinks I don't see so often at the WAC shows. So I had a good time, got rid of a gun I wanted to, picked up an AR part I needed fairly priced. I only had an hour and 1/2 and could have spent much more time. For $6 it was a great time. Would I drive 2 hours like I did today again? No, probably not. But If I were in the Tacoma area or such, I would make the drive occasionally to it.

I ended up going today, was going to be in the general area to meet someone from the south for another reason. I ended up thinking highly of it.
I would say it was comparable to the Monroe show, though smaller. A good mix of hunting rifles, black rifles, handguns. Many of the same sellers as Puyallup or Monroe but a different mix. I had a Colt SAA clone I had been trying to sell a while. Within four minutes of being inside the door a vendor asked to see it and agreed to my asking price (not high, not low, a fair price; I had done my homework) almost immediately. Color me pleased.
I also noticed very much the crowd was different than the Seattle shows. Not just more "rural" but more families, and not just dads and kids. I met a some 50-ish guys with their dads, and also more wives, and mothers/daughters - thinks I don't see so often at the WAC shows. So I had a good time, got rid of a gun I wanted to, picked up an AR part I needed fairly priced. I only had an hour and 1/2 and could have spent much more time. For $6 it was a great time. Would I drive 2 hours like I did today again? No, probably not. But If I were in the Tacoma area or such, I would make the drive occasionally to it.

That was my impression... First time there was yesterday when we went up for a trade and a buy, and were in the area so paid our $6 each and really liked it. There were some hard sellers, which I rather enjoyed.
The only really unenjoyable prices there were the ammo/brass. The -common- price for .22lr was $60 a brick. Makes me ill. *sigh*
Met some nice fellers and saw some interesting milsurp. Got to meet a couple of guys who have seen our posts, and we've seen some of theirs.

Wish I'd gone up with a bigger budget. As it was, I had to pay a $4 @#&*%^! service fee to make up for the little I did buy- My trade for an SKS later that evening required $5 more cash than I had left after a couple of little purchases. GRRRR. Idiot I am for not keeping exact count of my $ left in my wallet.

Had one kind of funny exchange with a fellow outside the gun show with the anti-political party stand.

He had a sign up that said "Both political parties suck" and I was "Yeah! That's what I have been saying for years!"

So on the way out, he waved me over and I thought "Why not. I have some time before I meet for the trade."

He pushed HARD for me to give him money. I let him know clearly that I do my research before I hand ANY money over for a "cause."
He looked pained and I said "You look disturbed that I am not going to give you money RIGHT NOW"... his reply?

"I am disturbed."

"Wow... Ok, good luck man."

It was kind of surreal. Never met such a monetary retard... Or someone who expects ME to be such a fiscal retard.

Overall impression of Centralia Gun Show : Positive.

Last Edited:
Same as all guns shows, over priced and full of idiots that think they are professionals about every gun they pick up. I worked for a boat dealer years ago and we marked up prices for the boat show. Why? Cause you have to pay for your space, transport of items, and man power to cover the show and your showroom. Same with gun dealers. Case and point: last year my buddy was going to buy a mossberg chainsaw from Keith's. 395 at the show. Credit card would not work so he decided just to drive to Gresham on Tuesday. Paid 375 in the actual store. The only thing is good about a gun show is people watching.

That was my impression... First time there was yesterday when we went up for a trade and a buy, and were in the area so paid our $6 each and really liked it. There were some hard sellers, which I rather enjoyed.
The only really unenjoyable prices there were the ammo/brass. The -common- price for .22lr was $60 a brick. Makes me ill. *sigh*
Met some nice fellers and saw some interesting milsurp. Got to meet a couple of guys who have seen our posts, and we've seen some of theirs.

Wish I'd gone up with a bigger budget. As it was, I had to pay a $4 @#&*%^! service fee to make up for the little I did buy- My trade for an SKS later that evening required $5 more cash than I had left after a couple of little purchases. GRRRR. Idiot I am for not keeping exact count of my $ left in my wallet.

Had one kind of funny exchange with a fellow outside the gun show with the anti-political party stand.

He had a sign up that said "Both political parties suck" and I was "Yeah! That's what I have been saying for years!"

So on the way out, he waved me over and I thought "Why not. I have some time before I meet for the trade."

He pushed HARD for me to give him money. I let him no clear that I do my research before I hand ANY money over for a "cause."
He looked pained and I said "You look disturbed that I am not going to give you money RIGHT NOW"... his reply?

"I am disturbed."

"Wow... Ok, good luck man."

It was kind of surreal. Never met such a monetary retard... Or someone who expects ME to be such a fiscal retard.

Overall impression of Centralia Gun Show : Positive.

These guys are outside of Safeway on the sidewalk at least once a month. For hours on end, their sporting signs with Obama with a hitler mustache. I can say that they are the "real thing" Although I don't know how they plan to impeach him LOL.

Went down bright and early this morning and wandered for a bit waiting on a co-worker to show up before I really picked everything over. Some good deals to be had even on Sunday, especially if you're a revolver guy. Picked up some Federal HST for my .40 and a very clean JC Higgins 16 gauge for next to nothing.

Probably something that I'll make the trip for more often than not, better than spending Sunday at home with a hangover for sure.

I was curious how these were - compared to say Puyallup if someone has been to both? Considering the long-ish drive. Thanks!

Really good show. Wes, the promoter, is really working hard to up the quality of his shows.
Less jerky, more gun collectors, hunters shooters, and traders. Small dealers with lots of used stuff rather than piles of NIB guns. It is ,a 180 mile round trip for me, and I feel it is worth the trip.
(Also some of the best food, at reasonable prices, on the gun show circuit)

Best,
Gary

I've gone to the last two (I live in Chehalis) And can tell you that if you're not looking for any one particular thing, you will probably really like it. I'm in the market for a handgun, and while there were plenty of them there, not one of the two that I want. There are probably good deals to be had for various things, and then there are those people who will try and screw you, Evidenced by the $550 used Smith & Wesson Sigma. :p

These guys are outside of Safeway on the sidewalk at least once a month. For hours on end, their sporting signs with Obama with a hitler mustache. I can say that they are the "real thing" Although I don't know how they plan to impeach him LOL.

OT My experience around Seattle /Bellevue is the guys with card tables and Hitler posters are usually LaRouchies. I usually back away slowly, scanning for sideline loonies.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top