JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a AR15 A1 Colt no forward assist. It was bought back in the communist state of California when they first came out.So I guess its a preban since thy had just came out when it was bought. It as about 500 rounds thru it. I know allot of people are remaking ar to look like this but I'm wondering whats a good price to sell this for. I wondering if I want to sell the whole thing or if I should just keep the lower and buy a new upper for what I want. But if its worth more then a normal Colt I might sell but I need to get a price range. Any help would be great thanks.

Kind of depends on how low the serial # is and what exact model and if its all original

Sounds like you have a colt SP1 model ar15 . The lower the serial # like 4 or less digit serial #s command a premium (don't count the starting zeros ie. 0021 that would be a 2 digit serial #) once you get into the 5+ serial # range not so much, worth what ever the typical colt ar15 is worth no extra value unless in a ban state that can receive them. i have bought a colt sp1 for $800 during the ban they could be picked up for as low as $1000 at dealers during the ban not much demand for them until the retro thing took off.

i have not been keeping up with the price of them since the ban ended

but dig around check out gun broker and let me know what you come up with i might work a deal with you.

I just bought a colt complete upper at the gun show for $400 and that was with the old school scope on it also so you might be better off selling the whole thing. Also, don't forget that the colts have different size takedown pins so if you buy a different upper you would have to go with a conversion pin.

I'll send you $200 and you send it to my FFL up here
Then you won't have to deal with it any more

Just a thought

Why is it when people have a thought they want something for nothing. Why cant you have a thought like say. 5000.00 dollars. Now I like that thought. I know its not worth it but why is the thought so small. You should think more its better for your spiritual growth. I mean do you really expect people to just jump on that or are you just hoping. To me that would just be an insult if I said something like that to someone. I just wanted an idea so I could price something fair and then stuff like that..

I agree that it might be best to what they are selling for on line. Gun Broker or Guns America. That sort of thing. I might be interested in it for a reasonable price.

Send me a photo of it.

Don

Why is it when people have a thought they want something for nothing. Why cant you have a thought like say. 5000.00 dollars. Now I like that thought. I know its not worth it but why is the thought so small. You should think more its better for your spiritual growth. I mean do you really expect people to just jump on that or are you just hoping. To me that would just be an insult if I said something like that to someone. I just wanted an idea so I could price something fair and then stuff like that..

Heck,that's all I got in my pocket.
Just trying to help you get done with this problem,and maybe just ad a little humor.
Sorry if I got your panties in a bunch
Golly now mine are all bunched up