JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Getting ready to sell the house and in desparate need of replacement hardboard siding - lap style 16' long x 9 7/8" wide x 1/2" thick. House is 1960's era and likely has the masonite style siding from the 80's/90's...

20210124_134124.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
It's unlikely that you're going to find that locally anywhere. It's been discontinued in most places. However, do not despair! LP Smart Lap siding is available in sizes all the way up to 12" wide, and comes in a smooth finish like the old hardboard siding. You may have to rip the planks down to size in order to fit your particular reveal, but it's a good replacement material.
1611668605826.png
I work at Parr Lumber and I can hook you up. PM me your contact info and I'll call you tomorrow (today is my day off).

It's unlikely that you're going to find that locally anywhere. It's been discontinued in most places. However, do not despair! LP Smart Lap siding is available in sizes all the way up to 12" wide, and comes in a smooth finish like the old hardboard siding. You may have to rip the planks down to size in order to fit your particular reveal, but it's a good replacement material.
View attachment 814427
I work at Parr Lumber and I can hook you up. PM me your contact info and I'll call you tomorrow (today is my day off).

Appreciate you reaching out! Sending a PM.

I have seen that siding around. The only thing I am not sure of is the thickness. Would it be noticeable to go from .5 to .375? Assuming you have to run the entire length to avoid the obvious difference where the boards meet. Just not sure if you would be able to tell as your eye scans down. I really only need to redo the bottom 6 boards all the way accross.

Appreciate you reaching out! Sending a PM.

I have seen that siding around. The only thing I am not sure of is the thickness. Would it be noticeable to go from .5 to .375? Assuming you have to run the entire length to avoid the obvious difference where the boards meet. Just not sure if you would be able to tell as your eye scans down. I really only need to redo the bottom 6 boards all the way accross.

The LP 76 Series lap siding is 7/16" thick.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.