JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$400
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
8mm
City
LAKE STEVENS
State
Washington
Zip Code
Up for sale is a Gewehr 1888, this particular rifle is referred to as a Gew. 88/05/35 (or Gew 1888/38) after Turkish modification to the M1938 configuration. This is a 8mm Mauser rifle, with a .323 grove diameter. See the link below from DocAV (on Gunboards) that explains the Gew 88/05/35 configuration.

Rifle was purchased a while ago from a local FFL and has had one range session, which it performed very well (thanks to Bilgetroll on WaGuns for the handloads). The rifles condition is very good, no issues to note and is mainly a safe queen.

Passing this rifle on for sale for the simple reason I do not reload and if you read the link above it's not recommended to shoot full power surplus 8mm Mauser ammo due the the age of the receiver and the the fact that the Gew 88. does not have the same gas venting protection as the Mauser 98 action.

This rifle more than likely is a antique, but due to the fact the date of manufacture has been scrubbed (original date the Germans put on the receiver) it cannot be confirmed so it's considered a Curio and Relic (C&R). Would really like to pass this on to a C&R FFL holder (I have my C&R as well), but will transfer to non-FFL holder at Sound Loan in Everett. C&R transfer in Lake Stevens area, will not ship.

Asking $400, will accept cash or Zelle transfer only. Buyer pays transfer fee if non-FFL holder, C&R transfer will require a valid (not expired) signed copy of your C&R and matching ID to the C&R holder on the copy and I'll provide a copy of my C&R.

Trade Info: Preference is to sell to fund a future purchase , but I might be interested in a C&R trade (plus cash if required on my end) though my want list is rather small (VZ 98/22 or Yugoslavian M24/47).

PM me if interested. Crossposted.

Gew 88 - 01.jpg Gew 88 - 02.jpg Gew 88 - 05.jpg IMG_9051.jpeg IMG_9050.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Up for sale is a Gewehr 1888, this particular rifle is referred to as a Gew. 88/05/35 (or Gew 1888/38) after Turkish modification to the M1938 configuration. This is a 8mm Mauser rifle, with a .323 grove diameter. See the link below from DocAV (on Gunboards) that explains the Gew 88/05/35 configuration.

Rifle was purchased a while ago from a local FFL and has had one range session, which it performed very well (thanks to Bilgetroll on WaGuns for the handloads). The rifles condition is very good, no issues to note and is mainly a safe queen.

Passing this rifle on for sale for the simple reason I do not reload and if you read the link above it's not recommended to shoot full power surplus 8mm Mauser ammo due the the age of the receiver and the the fact that the Gew 88. does not have the same gas venting protection as the Mauser 98 action.

This rifle more than likely is a antique, but due to the fact the date of manufacture has been scrubbed (original date the Germans put on the receiver) it cannot be confirmed so it's considered a Curio and Relic (C&R). Would really like to pass this on to a C&R FFL holder (I have my C&R as well), but will transfer to non-FFL holder at Sound Loan in Everett. C&R transfer in Lake Stevens area, will not ship.

Asking $400, will accept cash or Zelle transfer only. Buyer pays transfer fee if non-FFL holder, C&R transfer will require a valid (not expired) signed copy of your C&R and matching ID to the C&R holder on the copy and I'll provide a copy of my C&R.

Trade Info: Preference is to sell to fund a future purchase , but I might be interested in a C&R trade (plus cash if required on my end) though my want list is rather small (VZ 98/22 or Yugoslavian M24/47).

PM me if interested. Crossposted.

View attachment 1434294 View attachment 1434295 View attachment 1434299 View attachment 1434300 View attachment 1434301
Any interest in a no4 Mk1 Enfield nonmatching that shoots

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.