JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have what looks to be an early sporting rifle built in Germany or Austria, the only marks you can see with the action in the stock are "7x57" on the barrel and "1923" on the reciever ring, I removed it from the stock and on the bottom of the barrel it is marked (engraved, very nicely):

" M.KRUSCHITZ FERLACH_WIEN 154.52 "

It looks like an early very well made light weight sporting rifle on what seems to be a KAR98 action(large ring Mauser features and length with a smaller diameter front ring), It has a bent bolt, but has never been drilled and tapped, sights and front sling mount are on the barrel. tiny bit of engraving on the re-worked floorplate, very nice bore on the 24 1/2" barrel. The stock is a classic European styled light weight piece of nicely figured walnut.

I googled the name and it looks like Martin Kruschitz was a gunsmith in Austria from 1938-? and built some very nice double guns, Mausers, etc.

Nice gun, it has a little bluing wear and marks, etc. but still looks good.

I CAN NOT GET THE PICTURES TO POST BUT I WILL EMAIL THEM TO YOU [email protected]

Please feel free to call for more info (no text's) 503-703-2874

$625

Or might trade for:

-Browning HiPower
-M1a (will ad cash of course)
-double shotgun in .410, 28, 20 built by Miroku or SKB (can be branded Ithaca, Charles Daly, Browning, Weatherby, etc)
-

I Still have it, you need this classic hunting rifle! nice wood! here is a reply I got when asking a panel of online Mauser experts:

" Interesting gun you have there! I'll tell some of what I know about the Kruschitz's. There were/are four Martin's, all Master Gunsmiths. Martin Sr., Jr., III, and the IV. Martin Sr. was a gun maker in Ferlach from 1927 until his death in 1962. He and his son established a store in Vienna in 1938, which is operated to this day by his Great Grandson, Martin IV. Martin Sr. specialized in barrel making and made and sold many guns to the occupation troops from 1935 to 1956. He was a prolific gunmaker and furnished barrels to many gunmakers in the region, including Peterlongo in Innsbruk. As to your rifle, my guess would be that Mr. Kruschitz Sr. sporterized a military mauser that was in the 7 x 57 caliber, complete with a new barrel made by him. If the caliber didn't change, he might not have been required to send it over to the proof house in Ferlach. I hope this helps some with your inquiry."

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.