JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Now I am looking for a 3" barreled Charter Bridgeport .44 Special or a Stratford .44 Special, blue or stainless, in VG condition. Not really fussy about the finish, but the timing and lockup need to be good. The serial numbers for the Bridgeport will be between 3,000 and 31,500 and the Stratford will be between 31,500 and 1,000,000 but the earlier the better. Let me know what you have!:)

Good luck. One old coot might carry a late blue Bridgeport as his daily carry gun. About 1000 rds over 20 years and still very tight. Pachmar black hard rubber grips. Silvertips. Recoil intensive. Not for sale.

But once and awhile they come up at gun shows? Expect to pay too much but still a whole lot less than something else that does so much for little money. Have you tried the gun auctions? Under $200?

Good luck. One old coot might carry a late blue Bridgeport as his daily carry gun. About 1000 rds over 20 years and still very tight. Pachmar black hard rubber grips. Silvertips. Recoil intensive. Not for sale.

But once and awhile they come up at gun shows? Expect to pay too much but still a whole lot less than something else that does so much for little money. Have you tried the gun auctions? Under $200?
I'm always watching the auctions. My Pug shoots 1.5" groups with 240 LSWC over 7.0 Unique at 15 yards. Found a box of Gold Dots to work up to next. Thanks.

Remember the Charter Arms Bulldog .44 special is a low pressure only revolver. It basically is a snub nose .38 special bored out to .44 special with a 2.99" long barrel. The early versions were definitely not candidates for high pressure hand loads. I do not know how hot 7.0 grains of Unique with a 240 LSWC is.

Edit: Thank you finnmike. I also do not know the pressure of the Winchester Silver Tips.

Last Edited:
I do not know how hot 7.0 grains of Unique with a 240 LSWC is.[/QUOTE]

I've done my research and am a careful reloader. That load falls within Brian Pierce's "category one" less than 15,500 psi range, safe for the old Colt SAs. I have no interest in exceeding that, it's too much for routine use. Actually, the early Charters were/are quite good. The Charcos, on the other hand...o_O. If I want the Skeeter load and more, that is what my Ruger Bisley is for!

I have a Stratford with factory bobbed hammer in SS (44), acquired from original owner

20171118_072714.jpg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.