JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There will be a story about Portland "gun violence" on KPTV tonight.

Their teaser says they will let Mark Knutson run on about how his petition taking away your self-protection will make crime fall. The reporter credited with the story is Connor McCarthy. Perhaps some feedback is in order ...

[email protected]

Sadly "reporters" for the most part have a line they have to toe. They do what their boss tells them to do or they will be out of a job. Like law makers its often hard to tell with many of them if they really believe what they are saying or if its just to keep a job.

Their teaser says they will let Mark Knutson run on about how his petition taking away your self-protection will make crime fall. The reporter credited with the story is Connor McCarthy. Perhaps some feedback is in order ...

[email protected]
If the idiots telling the story and the REST of THIS nation and world had the testicular fortitude to call a spade a spade... they would call it VIOLENCE.

Pure and simple violence and crime.

Criminals committing CRIME with their VIOLENT ACTIONS.

The gun is NOT violent. It is an inanimate object. It does not have a beating heart and IT can't JUMP UP and do the dirty deed all on it's own.

Cate

[email protected]
It seems to me that this MARK man wants to be on the news as much as Fauci!

Ugh.

Another attention whore who has NO clue about guns, self defense and a whole lot more.

If I remember correctly, Mark is supposed to be a Pastor (?!?) not a SJW - anti RKBA man out there in la la land.

He most certainly is NOT doing his job as a Pastor and I will leave it right there.

I could have his profession wrong since there is so much NEWS out there when it comes to GUN ISSUES. So if I am wrong - apologies to the forum.

Cate

If the idiots telling the story and the REST of THIS nation and world had the testicular fortitude to call a spade a spade... they would call it VIOLENCE.

Pure and simple violence and crime.

Criminals committing CRIME with their VIOLENT ACTIONS.

The gun is NOT violent. It is an inanimate object. It does not have a beating heart and IT can't JUMP UP and do the dirty deed all on it's own.

Cate
I was wondering if it would be useful to email TV reporters with the "other side" of some of these stories, given that the voters and petition-signers don't get to hear anything but what the "blame the inanimate object" people say.

I was wondering if it would be useful to email TV reporters with the "other side" of some of these stories, given that the voters and petition-signers don't get to hear anything but what the "blame the inanimate object" people say.
Sadly for the most part, no. The "big media" is not stupid or blind. They know they are lying. Its not that they really can't find the truth. They report what they want and make stories say what they want them to say.

KPTV was the last local news station to remove the comments section. They only want feedback from highly filtered places like Twitter, FB or Disqus. Aside from the problem of trolls, the feedback was often brutally honest in calling out horrible reporting. Cowards, all of them.

KPTV was the last local news station to remove the comments section. They only want feedback from highly filtered places like Twitter, FB or Disqus. Aside from the problem of trolls, the feedback was often brutally honest in calling out horrible reporting. Cowards, all of them.
Years ago the local TV news here (Seattle) allowed open commenting. As long as it was not profane it was fine. One by one they turned it off because a few of us would regularly point out how far slanted or even blatant lying there was. The stations were no longer able to pretend they were "news" so they just shut down the ability to comment. What they really did not like was people telling the truth.

For what it's worth, you would have better luck contacting the station news director regarding issues you have with content. Reporters follow their marching orders.
Likely your input will make absolutely no difference, but they are the people who decide what gets aired.

Been there - done that.

Back east and out here in MT.

Telephone calls, in person, emails and handwritten or typed letters too.

SO much to say and not just when it comes to the RKBA issue when it comes to LOCAL NEWS, state news and national news.

Cate
PS: TONS OF EXAMPLES - old and new ones but I would only be repeating myself and preaching to the CHOIR.

For what it's worth, you would have better luck contacting the station news director regarding issues you have with content. Reporters follow their marching orders.
Likely your input will make absolutely no difference, but they are the people who decide what gets aired.
Just like contacting elected "representatives" (small r on purpose).

Just flood them with emails asking them why they are propping up racist policies and why they hate people of color. Then provide examples where "gun control" legislation has directly negatively impacted those communities. Hit them on Twitter, or FB, or whatever platform you use or have access to.

RE : Crime Wave

1643850446540.png

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA