JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A good friend of mine quit his job a few years ago, to pursue a new career that paid substantially less. He'd been an electrician since he got out of high school, and I knew he had been burned out and unhappy for quite a while, but like me, he was raising four kids on a single income.

I don't know how they managed or how they get by now, but they seem to be doing well and he's much happier as a church pastor. His older kids are grown and out on their own, doing well. I sure wondered about him when he made that change, as making ends meet to take care of my family is the most important thing to me, but it seems to have worked for them; to each their own.

Agreed. People tend to be more worried about impressing people they don't know than being financially responsible.
I'm finding that I impress people (unintentionally) with my wheels more and more as the years go by. I get comments all the time about my truck, what a great model and how good of condition it's in for a "classic".

It was a very nice truck when I bought it 23 years ago. I had just got my first career job, and had money. Then I got married, kids came along, etc., and I haven't had that kind of money since, so I keep driving my old Tacoma. It was a "nice truck!", then over the years it became just an "old truck", and now it's desirable again as a "classic". :)

Kind of like me, I guess. Hmm... It's been really reliable, just keeps doing what's it's supposed to do, year after year, mile after mile, occasional tune-up and minor issue here and there, nothing major. Eventually though it's going to wear out and break down, engine, transmission, something that's not cheap and easy to fix. Just like me. Maybe I identify with my old truck a little too much... :(

Last Edited:
A good friend of mine quit his job a few years ago, to pursue a new career that paid substantially less. He'd been an electrician since he got out of high school, and I knew he had been burned out and unhappy for quite a while, but like me, he was raising four kids on a single income.

I don't know how they managed or how they get by now, but they seem to be doing well and he's much happier as a church pastor. His older kids are grown and out on their own, doing well. I sure wondered about him when he made that change, as making ends meet to take care of my family is the most important thing to me, but it seems to have worked for them; to each their own.
I sold Real Estate for 21 years, it paid good and I made $4,000 per week regularly. Purchased all kinds of crap and had a great time, now I make squat and have no bills and am WAY WAY happier, no stress and lots of free time.

I sold Real Estate for 21 years, it paid good and I made $4,000 per week regularly. Purchased all kinds of crap and had a great time, now I make squat and have no bills and am WAY WAY happier, no stress and lots of free time.
It's just fiat paper that is being run into the ground by government borrowing and manipulation. The less I am dependent on it the better. My wife has plenty of her own fiat paper and would rather I have the time.

It's just fiat paper that is being run into the ground by government borrowing and manipulation. The less I am dependent on it the better. My wife has plenty of her own fiat paper and would rather I have the time.
It needs the paper
to rub on its skin
to buy cheapy gunstuffs
for basement bins

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show