JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
CZ 2075 Rami

I did a lot of research and I was fairly certain that for home defense, the Glock 19 was the gun I wanted. I like the size, and the weight. I don't feel bad about the trade-off between 9 mm and .40 which is a valid consideration, especially if you're liable to be confronted with a defense scenario. Also, Glock is super reliable, and there is soooooo much information about those guns! Accessories are cheap too! But still, there are a ton of haters and something I've noticed, is that nobody talks badly about CZ guns. I wanted to spend around $450 for a gun that I could shoot straight, was reliable and held it's value. I found several Glock-police trade-ins for around what I wanted to spend and they were understandably worn. I was open to a 19, 23 or 26, 27. My uncle has a 19 and a 27, so I've been able to shoot them and they were rather pleasant to shoot. While trolling the locals, I happened upon a used CZ RAMI in 9 mm at my local broker. It was very similar to a G26 but is hammer fired rather than striker fired. It is also a metal gun. No gunsmith meant that the used gun had been visually inspected and was guaranteed to function. Luckily, the original owner of the RAMI had purchased it from the shop. He'd decided it wasn't for him and brought back everything but the plastic 'training' bullets, which are included apparently. The Glock was missing a historical record. I bought the RAMI.

The RAMI is more ergonomic than the G19. It fits the hand rather well. It weighs more than the 19 as well, which might deter some from carrying it. I drove straight to the range and I must say that the gun shoots like a G26, but it feels better to hold. It will half cock and offers SA and DA as well as a big fat red safety dot. The Glock does not include this feature. I wouldn't feel as comfortable dragging this gun in the mud before firing as I would the Glock, but realistically, I don't keep any mud in my house or truck. As a novice shooter, my groups were tight for quick shots(center mass-ish). When I took the time to aim, this gun was stupid accurate at 25 yards. I wish my house was big enough to warrant training at longer than 25 yards, but. . . no, I have a modest home.

The magazines for the CZ are more expensive than the Glock mags. Bummer! They are also just tougher to load, so if you're shooting for fun, that is something to consider. The RAMI is pleasant to look at, and a good shooter. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

I wish I had a CZ 75. They're hard to find. As for the comparison, the RAMI is to the 75 what the G26 is to the G17. I hope that helps.

Be patient in your search for CZ magazines. If you watch Auction Arms and GunBroker on line and troll the gun shows you should be able to get them for reasonable prices. I have two pre-B CZ 75s (generally very hard to find magazines that fit) and have been able to purchase new or near new factory and MecGar magazines for them in the $15-20 range.

"It will half cock and offers SA and DA as well as a big fat red safety dot. The Glock does not include this feature."

Thank god for that. There's a whole lot of us out there that don't want to do 'cocked and locked.'

I wish I had a CZ 75. They're hard to find. As for the comparison, the RAMI is to the 75 what the G26 is to the G17. I hope that helps.

I've only fondled a rami, but I have a 75 and I was surprisingly disappointed by the size comparison. I wanted to like the rami's size but I found it to be more like a rami is to a g19 as a 75 is to a g17. The rami felt about as heavy as a 75 and just another slightly cut down version very much like the compact. The rami's still not small enough imo. Probably shoots fine but I wanted to be more excited about it being smaller or at least slightly more slender than a g26, but I wasn't. :( Just curious to know what others think. I'd still like to shoot one cuz I love cz, but I'm not sure I'll ever be satisfied with it's weight and chunkiness when there are lighter and more slender options on the market. For the price, I'll just stick with the good ole full size atm. Glad you like yours though, and nice review. :)

I wish I had a CZ 75. They're hard to find.
Yup - I got lucky and found one last year, used but did not appear to have ever been fired. I had been 'waffling' between it and a 226 but the Sig sold but the CZ was still in the case so I bought it and I am happy with it. I had no experience with CZ other than my own research and all the positive comments about them but I knew I wanted an all steel 'nine' again - I traded a compact Baby Eagle away a couple years before. My only complaint is the CZ sights are a little small and I am currently looking into my options for that.

RV tech, check out the CZ factory website and look at the night sights they have for sale. I've put them on my CZ PO-1 and they are fine.Also check out the CZ custom sight they have lot of goodies. My Rami was an original series one, and had a lot of trouble, sent it back to CZ and they said it was bad and gave me the choice of another one or a PO-1. Took the PO-1 and it is great. CZ paid for all the shipping etc. Nice to deal with. I have a Turkish Canik which they are starting to bring into the states, alloy and a clone of the CZ 75,good pistol. CZ's are good stuff. Spad

I was surprisingly disappointed by the size comparison. I wanted to like the rami's size but I found it to be more like a rami is to a g19 as a 75 is to a g17. The rami felt about as heavy as a 75 and just another slightly cut down version very much like the compact.

My apologies for the brief and not so helpful response. I think you're totally right with regard to the heft. I appreciate the weight of the rami and I feel like it is more comfortable to shoot because of it. A lighter gun might be considered more exciting to shoot, but I don't mind how boring the rami is to fire. :)

Oh no, I meant I was disappointed with my own size comparison of the two guns when I got my hands on a rami. Not your response. No apology necessary. :) And yeah, I bet it is a nice little pistol to shoot. My critique of it is more from a carry gun perspective. I was looking at it for my own carry but felt it was bit much for that purpose. At least for me anyway. It's not on my short list but I'd still like to own one someday. Love CZ's. :)