JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
This is a custom gun I had built to go along with a pair of John Adams cast "Defend (the) 2nd Amendment" grips he worked up back in the late '80s or early '90s. I bought the grips directly from John in VT at the time and then built this gun around them. The gun was designed by me and then built by my gunsmith on parts I hand-picked at Caspian's show room. I am thinking $925 is a good price - the gun has a bit of history to it in a very small degree, and it would cost a lot more to build today if you can talk Caspian into knocking out a frame and slide exactly like this today, but it may not be to everyone's taste. Sorry, no trades. Key details:

1) J. Adams engraved/cast custom "Keep and Bear Arms/Defend-2nd-Amendment" grips
2) Clark match-grade, ramped .45acp barrel (very good barrel if you want to shoot .45 Super, too, which I never did)
3) Foster/Caspian Slide/frame and almost entirely Caspian components (safeties, fc components, etc.). Polished frame and matte ribbed slide.
4) Less than 50 rounds through it since new
5) Checkered front strap, full dust cover, FLGR.
6) beveled mag well, oversized fine-checkered mag release.
7) Very light, crisp, 3/3.5lb pull trigger.
8) Caspian "Diamond ghost" rear adjustable sight and fiber-optic front post. The rear is a "V" notch diamond (it is a full diamond ring that rises above the blade, see the last photo) that the front post drops into for a very natural and fast acquisition system.
9) One Mec-gar stainless 7rd. magazine.
10) Gunsmith built, not a "parts" gun.

Every detail of this gun was chosen/designed by me to build a gun that reflected the J. Adams "2nd Amendment" grips and articulated seriousness, strength, and cold steel. The blue sight and blue front post are on purpose - I've owned guns with ss sights and they sucked (1st year S&W 67, 1st or 2nd year S&W 66). I did, intentionally, make the mag release screw blue to help balance the slide's blued sights. The only real mistake in the design in my opinion were three things: a) I should have not gone with a bulled front dust hood. It makes leather choice more problematic - though not so much these days as leather is made for railed guns more commonly now, so it's actually now contemporary, instead of unusual like it was 10 years ago. But it was in the theme of "heavy, solid, 2nd Amendment" and unusual at the time, so I went with it, b) The blued front fo post (aluminum) is a bit "cheap" compared to the rest of the gun, but it works brilliantly with the rear diamond V notch outline sight. It is a standard cut and can easily be pushed out and replaced. c) at the time (1999/200) I had a poor appreciation for MIM vs. cast vs. forged, and the ambi safety is MIM. however, it has been custom tweaked and fit and works 100%. But in retrospect I'd have found a cast or forged ambi, or just gone with a tactical single sided ss safety instead.

Also have a nice S&W 36 2" for sale and a Winchester XTR (the fancy grade) 30-30 for sale in the classifieds here.

IMGP4797.jpg

IMGP4807.jpg

IMGP4801.jpg

IMGP4802.jpg

Poor photo of sighting system - Diamond "V" rear with fo post front:
IMGP2319.jpg

Caspian did the Para/Clark cut for the barrel. The gun was built by Shooter's Choice in VT. I do not know if he is still in business as it was 10 years ago and he was retired then.

Emails answered. Codeman, I think you figured it out. If you google that name and "pewter" and "2nd Amendment grips" you should be able to find them from someone - I think the Adamses (both he and his son are Colt engravers as well as on the side) still cast these and sell them.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top