JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's either a law in force or not in force. Easy to check with the internet. And telephone. The whole 2A is in Flux everywhere IMHO.

Perhaps they should sell fruit instead.

Where have you been?

IMG_3644.jpeg

It's either a law in force or not in force. Easy to check with the internet. And telephone. The whole 2A is in Flux everywhere IMHO.

Perhaps they should sell fruit instead.
The law is live, the only thing preventing enforcement is court orders. Those can change tonight, or never. And if it does change tonight will the enforces "grandfather" in in-flight orders? Or stuff that has already been shipped but not delivered? I do not blame people for not wanting to step in a legal pile. Granted, I really appreciate people who are willing to take on the legal risk while there is some kind of cover, and I am obviously going to patronize people who are actually willing to ship to me. Be I am not going to be calling for the heads of those that won't, I just simply will not do business with them since I really can't. And if this all get squared up in our favor, I will go right back to doing business with them after they update their shipping lists (they may just be a bit further down on the priority list for vendors to check).

The simpler fix is to actually vote. We only had around 50% turnout in rural Oregon.
So what's Idaho's excuse? I guess "rural people" there are just smarter or something?

I don't buy into this "if only we had voted!" nonsense. Obviously everyone should vote, but we're greatly outnumbered in Oregon. 28% of Oregonians are gun owners.....over 60% of Idahoans are gun owners. Idaho = Red State. It's not difficult math to me.

So what's Idaho's excuse? I guess "rural people" there are just smarter or something?

I don't buy into this "if only we had voted!" nonsense. Obviously everyone should vote, but we're greatly outnumbered in Oregon. 28% of Oregonians are gun owners.....over 60% of Idahoans are gun owners. Idaho = Red State. It's not difficult math to me.
People in urban areas tend to not own guns and not support 2A. For very large urban areas there may be nowhere to hunt or fire guns outdoors without traveling for hours. This makes it difficult to learn to shoot and limits recreational shooting to a few 50' or 25 yard ranges here and there. If LE responds to crime reasonably quickly and crime rates are low, many urbanites can easily delude themselves into thinking that they are safe enough without owning a gun. And going to the countryside to hunt, fish, hike, or just shoot guns isn't anything most anyone in your family or any of your friends do. Instead they go to gyms, and play basketball, go to movies, play video games, etc. These urbanites mostly aren't comfortable with guns, dont have any, and prefer that nobody but LE has guns.

Rural people usually grow up with family members who shoot, and.live where LE is spread thin and defense of family and home or farm as well as protection from livestock is obviously a personal responsibility. The proximity to natural areas to hunt, fish, hike, camp, and shoot encourages guns for recreation, not just SD. Unfortunateky, rural people may not ficus on 2A as a major issue for determining how they vote. For example, I've been reading Capital Press, the main agriculture weekly newspaper for the West, for decades. It makes recommendations in every election. But these are usually based on issues such as farm bill or the attempts of the state legislature to pass laws that would put you out of business or turn most of your land into land you can no longer farm through increasing environmental laws. Not once have I seen Capital Press make a recommendation based upon a politician's support for 2A. So even ruralites who own and use guns may not ficus on 2A as a major issue when voting.

Oregon now has a population that is majority urban. The urban majority tends to be strongly anti 2A. And the rural minority is generally pro 2A. But 2A is almost never the main issue for them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top