JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd like to install some lower profile sights. Millet sights are installed now in what looks like a square hole. What are my options as far as replacements? How can I remove the front sight?

09128176-A528-4CD7-9A21-01C652316D0C.jpeg 59B2AEFF-52CD-4542-8249-5723FBA23DAE.jpeg 5302DF84-0D24-4F25-8FE3-4262FE6B2E93.jpeg

The part of the sight you see on the inside of the slide is called the "Tenon".
I use a 3/8 ball grind bit on a dremel to carefully cut just on the edge of the tenon, as its been splayed out a bit when it was staked, to hold it from backing out of the hole.

Once the tenon is reduced back to its original size, the sight can be tapped out of the slide.

If you decide to replace the sight with another tenon style...which sights come in two tenon sizes...large and small, or also called wide and narrow...continue to carefully grind on the inside of the slide around the tenon hole, and enlargen it a bit. This allows displacement of the tenon material when the staking is applied...and this is one of the few times I use red loctite.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads