JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took my ranger out of the stock for the first time and damn I think they use jackhammers to assemble them….

IMG_2997.jpeg

Tell tale sign of a company that doesn't use roll punches.

Or care about their products enough to send them out looking like that. That's just shameful for the price they are charging.

With Christensen Arms, I'm solidly in the "one and done" camp. Bought one of their ELR rifles in 338LM. Immediately sent it back after initial inspection. To say that there were burrs everywhere isn't an overstatement. Burrs on the action, burrs on the barrel, burrs in the rifling, burrs on the crown, etc. Obviously, keeping their cutting tools sharp and in good condition isn't a priority. Waiting to get it back, but the only reason is that I'm curious about how they are going to fix all the issues and what level of care they take in doing so.

Hmmm...

Maybe I shouldn't take mine out of the stock?

I like the weight/handling. Not a fan of the how the bolt works - seems that for the price they would make it smooth (if not slick) instead of sticky (or whatever you would call it) - I've used $200 Marlins that have a smoother action.

I haven't tried testing the accuracy - yet - but hoping for good results.

Interesting thread. I've never owned anything from Christensen Arms, but for some reason was under the impression they were a higher-end product. After reading the previous posts, if I saw a good deal on one, I would definitely proceed with caution.

Hmmm...

Maybe I shouldn't take mine out of the stock?

I like the weight/handling. Not a fan of the how the bolt works - seems that for the price they would make it smooth (if not slick) instead of sticky (or whatever you would call it) - I've used $200 Marlins that have a smoother action.

I haven't tried testing the accuracy - yet - but hoping for good results.
In fairness mine is accurate just a really tough trigger pull.

With Christensen Arms, I'm solidly in the "one and done" camp. Bought one of their ELR rifles in 338LM. Immediately sent it back after initial inspection. To say that there were burrs everywhere isn't an overstatement. Burrs on the action, burrs on the barrel, burrs in the rifling, burrs on the crown, etc. Obviously, keeping their cutting tools sharp and in good condition isn't a priority. Waiting to get it back, but the only reason is that I'm curious about how they are going to fix all the issues and what level of care they take in doing so.
I just sent mine back as well, I'm not sure how they can possibly fix this without a receiver swap.

Interesting thread. I've never owned anything from Christensen Arms, but for some reason was under the impression they were a higher-end product. After reading the previous posts, if I saw a good deal on one, I would definitely proceed with caution.
Yeah, I was equal parts disappointed and pissed off. $3000 plus for the rifle, and the machine work is light years worse than the 338LM Savage Elite Precision that I only paid $2000 for. :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top