JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
City
Beaverton
State
Oregon
We gots a cat now. Thanks to all. :)

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
When you get one harness and leash train it. We did and they stay healthier and don't wander off and get into trouble that way. Of course someone has to take them out every day but it's worth it!

When you get one harness and leash train it. We did and they stay healthier and don't wander off and get into trouble that way. Of course someone has to take them out every day but it's worth it!
I've already got a pony tail. If I start walking around with a cat on a leash, people will talk and everyone here will razz me and give me the business (more so than usual).

Hello All. The Cigars family is looking for a cat. More specifically, a female kitten or female cat under one year.
The cat will be well loved by my daughters and wife and it will be an indoor cat. We have one dog who happens to like cats and will appreciate the company.
We are in the Beaverton/Tigard area so we would be happy to travel in the metro area to pick up.
PM is best.

Thanks,
Cigars.
If and when Petco is/will be open, check for locations that get Kittens from the eastside. They bring in Kittens by the Vanload from Pendleton and such areas. We got ours there and there were 50 kittens to choose from on that one day. I can tell u one location that for sure gets them. Go on a Friday morning when they arrive.

Make sure to get one that has been around humans a lot from day 1. You may know this already but kittens that have been close to humans when under 2 weeks old will be warmer and not shy. If they haven't been around humans at that crucial time they are much more likely to be standoffish and/or scared of humans. I have other experience regarding personalities that I can share via pm but won't do so here. We were lucky ours is active and very friendly to all and takes well to training. She even shakes hands like a dog does and some other tricks. Can't get her to bark for some reason though...:p

If and when Petco is/will be open, check for locations that get Kittens from the eastside. They bring in Kittens by the Vanload from Pendleton and such areas. We got ours there and there were 50 kittens to choose from on that one day. I can tell u one location that for sure gets them. Go on a Friday morning when they arrive.

Make sure to get one that has been around humans a lot from day 1. You may know this already but kittens that have been close to humans when under 2 weeks old will be warmer and not shy. If they haven't been around humans at that crucial time they are much more likely to be standoffish and/or scared of humans. I have other experience regarding personalities that I can share via pm but won't do so here. We were lucky ours is active and very friendly to all and takes well to training. She even shakes hands like a dog does and some other tricks. Can't get her to bark for some reason though...:p
Thanks, good info! My daughter has a lead on one in Salem. We'll see how it goes. I will check out the Petco option.

How in the heck did you do that? I've tried but they just lay down and let themselves be dragged across the hardwood floor...lol
Seriously, I'd like to know the secret :cool:

For indoor cats u can also use one of these or similar to let them go outside. Pops open and collapses like a windshield sun shade.
6B06E721-6743-4F6C-8251-7C233B0FCDB8.jpeg

How in the heck did you do that? I've tried but they just lay down and let themselves be dragged across the hardwood floor...lol
My Dad had one that when he lived in the city did this. Not to walk it but to give it outside time with out the risk of running off into the street. Cats are one critter that will live fine totally inside but, most do long to see what's on the other side of the windows. Of course many never learn to avoid things like cars. So Dad bought a harness, would use a long section of Masons line, very light but super strong string. When he would go out to enjoy coffee or such outside the cat could go out and spend time looking and sniffing but could not run off to the street.

We got her at 8 weeks from a Petco adoption event and a small harness with a leash. Put it on her and being a kitten she just thought that was the way she was supposed to go outside. I know what you are talking about because we tried it on our older male and it was lay down on his side every time. Try cat treats when you put it on the cat. Positive rewards! Sometimes they will get over it and get up and walk around with the harness on but you have to be patient. Sometimes they will freak so do it in a closed room where you can watch them and they can't get under furniture. They can hurt themselves.

Rosie on the Ladder.JPG

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.