JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The French are, too. How pathetic the US must look to the world, straight up embarrassing.

"You're making us look bad". Wake up call, no they are not YOU are making you look bad.
It's important to note the following :

1) We are maintaining the perimeter around the airport which allows the others to operate.
2) We killed more Taliban than anyone, so having US troopers outside the wire would not be a good idea.
3) The British are quite good at this sort of thing, as evidenced by their outstanding service in the Basra region.

4) It's not about courage or lack thereof, it's about being practical.

I have to tell you know that this happened to me twice, on a much smaller scale, back when I worked for the Queen and wore funny clothes. On both occasions I had travelled to Washington to deliver my version of something, was poo-hoo'd by the home team and advised to take a walk while the 'real experts' figured it out.

I stuck around for a day or two until the version of things that I had produced, based on the same intel, had been confirmed. Saw my name on the final report that went up the chain to the SoD, then went home.

I figured that it was just sour grapes, and put it from me until this popped up to remind me that the NIH syndrome is just as prevalent on your side of the Great Water as it is anywhere else.

It's important to note the following :

1) We are maintaining the perimeter around the airport which allows the others to operate.
2) We killed more Taliban than anyone, so having US troopers outside the wire would not be a good idea.
3) The British are quite good at this sort of thing, as evidenced by their outstanding service in the Basra region.

4) It's not about courage or lack thereof, it's about being practical.
That's a pretty interesting take. Comforting too. With a the screw-ups of the current administration, it's too easy to hang this one one them too.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top