JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stopped in for the first time today. Tiny place, but pretty friendly, and a huge selection of used long guns for the size of the place. As previously posted, it's difficult to see prices. The guns are so closely stacked..belly up. Definitely not placed for casual browsing, you'd have to ask for something for them to pick it out. From one perspective, the place looks more like an old Army surplus. They've got plastic totes full of miscellaneous old mags, followers, used holsters, and all kinds of things....most of it useless, because if you were looking for something in particular, you'd likely never find it without dumping the totes out on the ground. In that environment, I was a little surprised to find that they didn't have any sks stripper clips. Any self-respecting gun store of ANY kind should have a box of the damn things. It's not as if they take up a lot of room.

When I lived in the Seattle area, Ben's was by far my favorite gun store. The lay away plan couldn't be beat- 20% down, and 5 months to pay it off! It could get crowded, though.

I liked Federal Way Discount also, great prices and selection, but those guys can be rude!

Small, crowded and cramped but it did not keep me from a purchase. The guys behind the counter are top notch. Very friendly and knowledgeable. The major downside of going in there is not having enough money to walk out with everything that I want. :D

I've been there a half dozen times or so, they always seemed nice and were helpful. I have only bought ammo from Ben's, but a lot of friends of mine have bought most of their rifles and pistols from them-all with smile's on there face. Next time I need a rifle or pistol-I will check them out first.

Sadly being younger makes some shops treat you different. I came in and wanted to buy some rifle ammo which should be no problem because I am 19 and polite but I stood around for a bit, waiting for the employees to finish talking to other customers and when they were done I tried to ask for some 5.56 and they just ignored me like I wasnt even there, no eye contact, no greeting. I tried to get them to talk to me 2 or 3 times but they just kept looking away and doing other things and I know I am not hard to miss as I am 6'3" so I just left. I am used to places being rude to me because people my age are normally immature and not really into the second amendment or the shooting sport but video game obsessed and obnoxious, but I have never been completely ignored. Very poor in my experience.

Sadly being younger makes some shops treat you different. I came in and wanted to buy some rifle ammo which should be no problem because I am 19 and polite but I stood around for a bit, waiting for the employees to finish talking to other customers and when they were done I tried to ask for some 5.56 and they just ignored me like I wasnt even there, no eye contact, no greeting. I tried to get them to talk to me 2 or 3 times but they just kept looking away and doing other things and I know I am not hard to miss as I am 6'3" so I just left. I am used to places being rude to me because people my age are normally immature and not really into the second amendment or the shooting sport but video game obsessed and obnoxious, but I have never been completely ignored. Very poor in my experience.

Same, went there last year. So I was 23. Planned on buying a kahr from them but was ignored, when I was finally acknowledged, guy was rude. Purchased from lowpriced guns in bellevue instead.

I'm currently 23 and have stopped in when in the area for the last few years since I was a teen. Never had this happen. I have no affiliation with said store but it may have been a bad day or new guys? I don't know any of them by first name but I've always been asked if I needed to look at anything or whatever while silently browsing. Sorry to hear about that.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.