JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have been wanting to get into 300 blk for some time now and finally pulled the trigger on a BCM RECCE-9 300 blackout. I plan on suppressing it and possibly sbring it.

Does anyone have one or have any experience with it? I know BCM makes some rock solid guns but I just want to know any downsides or kinks it might have.

Thanks,
Christopher

Welcome to the 300 club. I don't have experience with the BCM you bought, but I've built a 10.5 and a 7.5 that both run like champs after some initial tuning. Since mine were built, not bought, tuning the buffer weight, bolt and gas block (adjustable) were the things I had to focus on to ensure they'd run suppressed and unsuppressed. Carbine weight buffer was the way to go, then a lightweight bold (skeletonized) which allowed the guns to run very smoothly and reliably once the gas block was tuned correctly. The 10.5 runs both subs and supers without a can just fine, but the 7.5 has to be a dedicated can-gun to run subs, otherwise, there's not enough gas to cycle reliably. Your experience will be different with a gun that's dedicated to the 300 from the git-go.

Welcome to the 300 club. I don't have experience with the BCM you bought, but I've built a 10.5 and a 7.5 that both run like champs after some initial tuning. Since mine were built, not bought, tuning the buffer weight, bolt and gas block (adjustable) were the things I had to focus on to ensure they'd run suppressed and unsuppressed. Carbine weight buffer was the way to go, then a lightweight bold (skeletonized) which allowed the guns to run very smoothly and reliably once the gas block was tuned correctly. The 10.5 runs both subs and supers without a can just fine, but the 7.5 has to be a dedicated can-gun to run subs, otherwise, there's not enough gas to cycle reliably. Your experience will be different with a gun that's dedicated to the 300 from the git-go.
My hope is that the gun can run subs and supers, both suppressed or unsuppressed by just fine tuning the gas block.