JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you referring to the Brownells version of the AR-180? I believe they were specifically redesigned to use the modern AR-15 barrels, and barrel extensions, which makes them much more comparable to today's carbines!

A lot of work for the length addition.

What about getting the 16" and cutting it back?

Ya, found this picture. Didn't think they would run such a long piston on the 16". Thought perhaps start with the 16" and cut back vs trying to add length via an entirely new barrel.

1589680257912.jpeg

I would have thought that a 12.5" barrel would have been better than using the 10.5" for the 180s, due to it being a more reliable length and better for ballistics. But I guess they thought the extra 2" would have been too long.

Looking at this picture, might still be easier to Smith a 16" barrel than start with a blank.

Move the gas block back. Cut barrel. Use 10.5" piston rod.

078-000-483g3.jpg

In time, they may sell spare parts. Piston rods break on occasion. So it would be weird if they never sell spares.

Weird, I didn't notice they have an adjustable block on the 10.5 but not the 16.

If they went with what the markets want we wouldn't be here with a question about trying to replace a barrel with a longer one. o_O
To be fair, 10.5" is very popular. Almost all pistol lengths are either 7.5" or 10.5". With 11.5, 12.5 and 14.5 being the odd men out. Even 11.5 is more popular than 12.5.

To be fair, 10.5" is very popular. Almost all pistol lengths are either 7.5" or 10.5". With 11.5, 12.5 and 14.5 being the odd men out. Even 11.5 is more popular than 12.5.
12.5 should be more popular to be honest. Its close to 16" performance while being shorter. With 10.5 you give quite a bit in comparison.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews