JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my garage bench isn't as big as I would like and I don't want to permanently mount my press (and Inline Fabricator Riser). I would love to see any quick connect solutions that any of you have come up with. I envision nuts mounted to my bench and then having some long t bolts that could be quickly hand tightened. I'm not finding anything like that online so may need to come up with something.

Sounds like bolts through the bottom and wing nuts on the top is similar to what you are describing.

You could also mount the press to some wood and then clamp that to the bench each time.

I've been happy with my inline fabrication quick change plate system. It allows me to mount various reloading presses and tools on my bench and move them around if need be.

Also have some t-tracks on my work benches that I mount some smaller stuff to. Could probably use T-track to mount your presses and remove if it was sturdy enough/mount the press to a larger piece of wood and and then wingnut it down to some T-studs slid into the tracks. Seen others do this.

I used T-Nuts on the bottom of my bench for a lot of things so it filtered into my reloading room.
before I got into in-line fabrication products I built some wooden risers for my presses and used the T-Nuts on the back side to hold them down.
They are so easy to remove and replace when I needed extra bench space.

B384C2F6-51DD-4163-A4DC-25E59E455D5A.jpeg

4BAAEA10-7A7B-49E4-85A7-B7A362198033.jpeg

F2216263-5AC8-4A32-A401-38D1AEAF26C8.jpeg

Amazing response with good ideas. My work bench is an enclosed set of cabinets so c clamps are out. I can do some disassembly to mount hardware from below, but would want to be one and done. I may look back to the Inline Fabricator product and see if the riser with press can be mounted to a quick disconnect.

Thanks again!
Wade

I put some T slots in my counter top and then use 3/4" plywood for the individual bases. This way I'm don't have to mount any one component in the same place each time. The only problem I've had is it's a bit difficult to clean up spilled powder.

Attachments

• 20201221_193011.jpg
    20201221_193011.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 91
I put some T slots in my counter top and then use 3/4" plywood for the individual bases. This way I'm don't have to mount any one component in the same place each time. The only problem I've had is it's a bit difficult to clean up spilled powder.

I would cut some slats to fit snugly in the T-Slots, I saw a link for them somewhere...

Amazing response with good ideas. My work bench is an enclosed set of cabinets so c clamps are out. I can do some disassembly to mount hardware from below, but would want to be one and done. I may look back to the Inline Fabricator product and see if the riser with press can be mounted to a quick disconnect.

Thanks again!
Wade

I have the item you should get from Inline Fab, I did not overlap the plate on my benchtop, I moved it in 3/4" because I foresaw accidental hip damage from it sticking out..:D

C868752A-838D-41FE-B6CC-3677B4567F9B.jpeg

This is what I did to get at the quick access nuts (the reason for overlapping the plate on the bench top.) ;)
I drilled three-quarter inch holes with a spade bit to access the hold downs at the front of the plate. I use 2" long 1/4" connector nuts with my impact drill to tighten them snugly.
CDFB35B5-6C07-4321-8B8A-A931BCEA2D04.jpeg

Last Edited:
This is how I mounted my press with Inline Fabrication mount to my bench!

My Dillon is mounted on a strong mount but beside it I have one of the inline fabrication flush mount plates for my bullet sizing/ utility presses they do make a riser that you can mount to the quick mount plate to get your press up higher.

Last Edited:
Inline has quick swapping plates. I use them on a flat bench and all presses tuck under the bench and sit out of the way.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top