JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am getting a AK top rail (like the one in the link below). It is the kind that you have to take the rear leaf sight off and then use the buttstock screw to secure it.

My question is if I buy an aftermarket flip up rear sight would it work properly(if so what brand is for the AK)? My thinking is that the flip up rear sight sits too high (compared to the leaf sights) to actually work properly. Has anyone had any experience with this? If so how did it work out? Before anyone says anything I prefer to have back up sight, you know just incase my red dot runs out of batteries right as the mongolian horde crest the hill.....

http://www.kbtacticalstar.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=16

My thoughts on those: How well is the stock gonna hold up having the screw run in and out every time you need to clean the gun? I tried one, it "kinda sorta fit", took some work with a flat file and drill press to get it to sit level. I was unimpressed.

This: <broken link removed>

would be a much better option, in that style.

Or, an Ultimak, which will co-witness with a micro-dot. Heck, Primary arms does package deals: Primary Arms Microdot and UltiMAK Mount AK Combo

Does your gun have a side rail? If so, there are many options for it also, some of the more recent ones are VERY nice: RS AKSM 30mm Scope Mount

Its got a side rail. I am not for sure on the top rail mount. I am picking it up on trade tommorow. I figure it it doesnt work that great, oh well.I am trading something I do not need for it anyway. I can get a flip sight for cheep from one of my buddies but its made for an ar platform rifle and I do not know if it will work well.

I pln on putting the rifle through the paces. If I run across any malfunctions were I cannot clear it easily without taking the cover off then I plan on putting it back to its normal configuration. I am getting a quad rail for to replace the front hand guards as well and can always go with a scout mount configuration, but I am used to shooting an AR were the sight is more towards the rear so I was hoping to set up my AK the same.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top