JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had to send in my pistol and wait about 6 weeks for them to send it back with a new upper. They sent it directly to me. No need for FFL unless the serialized lower gets replaced.

I had to send in my pistol and wait about 6 weeks for them to send it back with a new upper. They sent it directly to me. No need for FFL unless the serialized lower gets replaced.
It's long been that way in most states. As long as the gun was sold by a dealer the manufacturer's can receive the gun and send the gun back to the same person. Normally if they end up making a new receiver they just destroy the old one and put the same # on the new one for you. The one "downside" is some manufacturers will send you and RMA where they pay the return. Some will not. If they will not the owner can legally send the gun to them but, that's where the fun starts. Has to be common carrier and if you tell them what you are doing often they are harder to deal with than the worst examples of the TSA when flying with a gun. Not to mention its expensive if you do it the way they want you too. The laws are set up to make this easy. The problems are always human who get involved and start making up their own rules :mad:

Im not trying to argue dude. I can see what you are saying. I'm just attempting to state it is normal wear. Zoom in on my picture and you will see mine is completely rounded off. Probably after the first couple of thousand rounds too. From that point on I imagine no additional erosion occurred. Your gun will wear in. Your ejection port will likely look like mine in time.

This is normal on all AR15s with plunger style extraction.

All in all, none of this affects function either, so it's basically cosmetics. Normal cosmetics wear be that.
So my 45 banshee scares up ejection port with brass.
The brass is stnger than the newer style uppers lmao cmmg I trash now and don't want to fix it at all.

I have about 600-700 rnds through my 10mm. With very minimal wear.

Its your money, but I think that your over-thinkin this. You could easily put a pad of some sort on it and move on. But you refuse to do that. Whatever you want.

BANSHEE EJECT PORT 1.jpg BANSHEE EJET PORT 2.jpg

I have about 600-700 rnds through my 10mm. With very minimal wear.

Its your money, but I think that your over-thinkin this. You could easily put a pad of some sort on it and move on. But you refuse to do that. Whatever you want.

View attachment 1297280 View attachment 1297281
I've probably got 25-30 thousand through mine. I only had to replace the ejector spring once. It still is my absolute favorite PCC that I own and I've got a few to say the least.

A little bit of wear just like that is no big deal.

I understand the OP being concerned. To a certain level anyhow. But I don't understand his refusal to let CMMG fix it on their dime. Doesn't make a lick of sense to me but it's his money.

I really like the sacrificial pads that I have put on mine and at $5 a piece they're great.In fact, I ordered more and they are supposed to show up today. I will have all my AR's and AR uppers covered with these.

A little bit of wear just like that is no big deal.

I understand the OP being concerned. To a certain level anyhow. But I don't understand his refusal to let CMMG fix it on their dime. Doesn't make a lick of sense to me but it's his money.

I really like the sacrificial pads that I have put on mine and at $5 a piece they're great.In fact, I ordered more and they are supposed to show up today. I will have all my AR's and AR uppers covered with these.

Huh? CMMG did fix it on their dime.
My specimen had other issues and wouldn't cycle correctly for more than two or 3 consecutive rounds. It took two trips to CMMG to get it functioning properly. Now it runs great.

By no means am I trying to hijack a thread but I have the Mk10 10mm with only 15 rounds through it and a lot more damage than that. Called CMMG and was told it's normal. Now it sits in the safe until I can find out what to do to fix it

I have a CMMG Banshee in 9mm. Here is my solution. I had a friend 3d print a replacement brass deflector that extends over the end of the ejector port to cover the area getting dinged by the cases. The original one from CMMG is on the left. The new one on is about 3mm wider. It mounts to the two #4 screws and locates on the same surface as the original one, it just sticks out over the ejection port. The only issue is that the dust cover will not be able to be closed.
CMMG actually sells a brass deflector and dust cover that is shorter for their 22 lr conversions. Brownells list that same kit as being used for 22lr and 9mm.
I haven't tried the new piece yet but if it works, I will either just leave the dust cover open. or trim off the end so it closes.

IMG_2727.jpg