JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The sale is on once more (til 3-18-2012). Don't miss out. Get a rain check if they are out of stock.

Surplus M91/30 Russian Mosin Nagant, 7.62x54R, wood stock, bolt action rifle, reg $179.99 SALE $99.

They also have 7.62 x 54R ammo, zinc plated case, 174 gr., FMJ, packed in 20 rd commercial looking box, reg. $14.99 SALE $11. I don't know the brand (MFS in the picture?) or if it's reloadable or corrosive.

+++++++++++

For 22LR fans. They also have on sale CCI Blazer 22LR high velocity ammo, brick (500 rds), reg. $24.99 going for $20.

+++++++++++

I'm just passing the news along.

Aloha, Mark

Big 5 seems to put the Mosins for sale at $99 or $109 bucks every 2 months or so, just keep checking their website or local adds in the near future, it's a great deal, that's how I got my Tula 1933 Hex Receiver Mosin about 2 years ago and is a great shooter.

The MFS ammo is very good (made in Russia), non corrosive and non reloadable. Here is a link with more info on that ammo:
<broken link removed>

In regards to 22 ammo, Bi-Mart seems to have the lowest prices, the 22LR Federal bulk 525 rounds is 17.97 regular price, but it's on sale every now and then for 15.97, that's a great deal I think.

I missed the $89 Mosin sale at the beginning of the month. I got mine for $109 a few weeks later.

I went looking for another Mosin on the 16th and found that all of the Big 5 stores in Vancouver, WA were out of stock. I took the rain check. The clerk said that he still had rain checks outstanding from the last sale. And, he mentioned that some 9000 rifles were suppose to be on order.

As for the CCI 22LR ammo. Well, the ammo I saw at Big 5 was the 500 rd brick, NOT the bulk package stuff that I usually see on sale at Bi-Mart. Anyway, I prefer the real brick package over the bulk package. In the real brick, the ammo is kept separate w/ a plastic divider, not just thrown into a box like in the bulk package. Is there a real difference in accuracy? I don't know, I only buy the 500 rd bricks. Yes, $20 is high. But, if you need it, you need it.

Aloha, Mark

fredball,

IF Bravo4 is correct and IF the store really has 9000 on order..........

We'll probably see them on the shelves again.

Aloha, Mark

Ammo (7.62x54R) costs more than 4.5 cents per round. Or were you speaking of the 22LR at 4 cents a round.

Anyway, cheapest 7.62x54R that I saw in the store (Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply) today was going for $99 a spam can (440 rounds). Of course you could always order it online and try to beat that.

Aloha, Mark

I just got back from Big 5 here in Vancouver (off of Mill Plain). They had called me about my rain check on 4-14-12.

So, the one that they had saved for me was a ratty 1943 Izzy. I passed.

BTW......

They had another Mosin Nagant from a new shipment (on the shelf) going for over $200 retail. It was in "way better" condition. But, they wouldn't sell me that one at the rain check price. They said that the rain chek price was only good for the OLD shipment supplies. Oh well, next time I'll know to get a rain check from every store that I visit. That way at least I might have a better pick of rifles.

Then again, maybe I should try using my rain check at another branch of Big 5?

Aloha, Mark

@x1hunter89: The following web site has tons of info about the Mosin: 7.62x54r.net

Now to pick one up at BIG 5 for example,
For the model 91/30 which is the most common one, the Hex receivers are more desirable than the round receivers, the functionality is the same but the round receiver was cheaper to produce. If serial numbers in receiver, magazine, stock and bolt are the same the better for collectors. Look at the bore condition, some of them have been refurbished by the importer. The ones made in Tula plant also seem to be more desirable for collectors than the one in Izhevsk plant. Read about it in the website link above. Just a few tips.

I

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top