JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$300
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Aberdeen
State
Washington
Zip Code
7mm mauser. Best offer and will split FFL fees. Thanks to another member I've learned that it looks like this is a pre 1898 Chilean Mauser (1895) which makes it special. Just missing the but stock plate.

Update: Just heard from another collector that this rifle has probably been cut down and "sporterized" and the receiver is probably actually post 1900 though the stock looks to be an original 1895…
I've lowered the price accordingly :)

image.jpg image.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Wow Bruce thanks. I'll sell it to you for the $200 posted, but otherwise I'm changing the price
The Leopold Loewe '95 Mausers were originally part of a shipment of rifles to the Oranje Frei Staat (Orange Free State) at the run-up to the Second Boer War. These rifles and the ammo were interdicted by the Brits and somewhat surprisingly, sent back to Germany. The rifles were then sold to Chile and re-marked as the Chilean Mauser. The Brits didn't want to P O the Germans just then as things were tense already due to the Boer War, with Germany supporting the Dutch-descended Afrikaaners and noise being made supporting German intervention in that imperialist conflict.
That said, these Chilean '95's have some history, and an original is worth some $$$ in UN-altered condition.

The Leopold Loewe '95 Mausers were originally part of a shipment of rifles to the Oranje Frei Staat (Orange Free State) at the run-up to the Second Boer War. These rifles and the ammo were interdicted by the Brits and somewhat surprisingly, sent back to Germany. The rifles were then sold to Chile and re-marked as the Chilean Mauser. The Brits didn't want to P O the Germans just then as things were tense already due to the Boer War, with Germany supporting the Dutch-descended Afrikaaners and noise being made supporting German intervention in that imperialist conflict.
That said, these Chilean '95's have some history, and an original is worth some $$$ in UN-altered condition.
That's awesome thank you. No LL mark I can find on the receiver, however there is a small Star of David which I've read was one of the symbols of LL.

7mm mauser. Best offer and will split FFL fees. Thanks to another member I've learned that it looks like this is a pre 1898 Chilean Mauser (1895) which makes it special. Just missing the but stock plate.

Update: Just heard from another collector that this rifle has probably been cut down and "sporterized" and the receiver is probably actually post 1900 though the stock looks to be an original 1895…
I've lowered the price accordingly :)

View attachment 1741736 View attachment 1741737
Do you still have it?

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.