JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am having trouble finding a new muzzle device for my .458 socom that can be shipped sooner than next year. However I'm seeing a lot of 450 bushmaster devices. Considering the 450 bullet diameter is .452 and the 458 BD is .482 for a difference of .030. If BD isn't an issue would blowback or recoil be an issue. I'm leaning more towards a thumbs up on this and if so can someone point me in the right direction? My barrel thread is 5/8 x 32 tpi

Actually I have one off a Radical Firearms 458 socom also. One of them will fit your barrel since they were both different sizes. So if you just need one to get you thru I dont mind shipping you one of them. They are both that panzer tank style breaks if your interested. I also have an extra black rain 458 socom 16in barrel.

I am having trouble finding a new muzzle device for my .458 socom that can be shipped sooner than next year. However I'm seeing a lot of 450 bushmaster devices. Considering the 450 bullet diameter is .452 and the 458 BD is .482 for a difference of .030. If BD isn't an issue would blowback or recoil be an issue. I'm leaning more towards a thumbs up on this and if so can someone point me in the right direction? My barrel thread is 5/8 x 32 tpi
Bullet diameter for 458 socom is .458 not .482, so only a difference of .006". Muzzle devices are sized to have tolerance above bullet diameter so I am sure a .450 bm muzzle device would be fine as I see many with one part # are marketed for both cartridges. Their is no worries about blowback or recoil. I just run a standard birdcage flash hider on my 458 socom . Try Tromix as they have several styles of muzzle devices in stock.

Bullet diameter for 458 socom is .458 not .482, so only a difference of .006". Muzzle devices are sized to have tolerance above bullet diameter so I am sure a .450 bm muzzle device would be fine as I see many with one part # are marketed for both cartridges. Their is no worries about blowback or recoil. I just run a standard birdcage flash hider on my 458 socom . Try Tromix as they have several styles of muzzle devices in stock.

See I had myself questioning this as I always refer to the nosler reloading guide (the bible) when looking at load data. heres the link to their website that has the same info as the book. check it out.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top