JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have 30 BLACK TALONS in 40s&w. I really don't know much about them I also have two 15 rnd. Glock mags that they are in. I would like to trade the mags for 9mm mags and get $2 each out of the TALONS.

Am I asking to much ?

Well since you asked....**** YES

Black Talons are an older version of the Ranger T ammo....I think 2-3 generations behind. Black Talons still have an "evil" name that does get people w/o much knowledge of ammo to buy thinking they are the best out there when in fact they really are not. I would put them up on Gun Broker, but since you have no box, but just loose ammo I doubt you will get much interest. Just my 2 cents since you asked :s0155:

TOP rated self defense 40s&w (NOT IN ORDER OF PERFORMANCE)
Barnes all-copper bullets (140 & 155gr) loaded by: Cor-Bon (DPX40140)
Winchester Ranger 180gr JHP (RA40T)
Winchester Ranger 165gr JHP (RA40TA)
Winchester Partition Gold 165gr JHP (RA401P)
Winchester Bonded 180gr JHP (Q4355)
Speer Gold Dot 155gr JHP (53961)
Speer Gold Dot 180gr JHP (53962)
Federal Tactical 165gr JHP (LE40T3)
Federal Tactical 180gr JHP (LE40T1)
Federal HST 180gr JHP (P40HST1)
Remington Golden Saber 180 gr JHP (GS40SWB)

Well since you asked....**** YES

Black Talons are an older version of the Ranger T ammo....I think 2-3 generations behind. Black Talons still have an "evil" name that does get people w/o much knowledge of ammo to buy thinking they are the best out there when in fact they really are not. I would put them up on Gun Broker, but since you have no box, but just loose ammo I doubt you will get much interest. Just my 2 cents since you asked :s0155:

TOP rated self defense 40s&w (NOT IN ORDER OF PERFORMANCE)
Barnes all-copper bullets (140 & 155gr) loaded by: Cor-Bon (DPX40140)
Winchester Ranger 180gr JHP (RA40T)
Winchester Ranger 165gr JHP (RA40TA)
Winchester Partition Gold 165gr JHP (RA401P)
Winchester Bonded 180gr JHP (Q4355)
Speer Gold Dot 155gr JHP (53961)
Speer Gold Dot 180gr JHP (53962)
Federal Tactical 165gr JHP (LE40T3)
Federal Tactical 180gr JHP (LE40T1)
Federal HST 180gr JHP (P40HST1)
Remington Golden Saber 180 gr JHP (GS40SWB)

I don't want to thread crap but you did ask

+1 on everything stated above. Black Talons = Ranger T

Black Talon and Ranger T side by side:

talon_ranger2-1.jpg

98% becuase the sharpie ink is not telfon(Not that the teflon helps with anything but fouling of barrels) I am not trying to argue that talons are the best. That is like saying that Glocks are the best. I personally really like like Glocks, but it is just that, personal preference. I do not believe that the ranger and the talon are the same cartridge. I do beleive that they resemble one another greatly, short of the teflon I think that they are the same bullet. I dont think that they use the the same powder or the same powder charge. Winchester pulled them from the market becuase they were sued for making a "man-shredder" if the just changed the color and the name they would have had another law suite within a month and the rangers have been made ever sense.
Once again it is a personal preference. I said $2 each just because they are selling for $3 each on GB. IF they are not worth that then make me a offer. Dont just sit hear and thread crap.

Civil, what's your source for that data?

Bradley, Black Talons were "killed" as a political issue, same as any other anti-gun movement. Take away the evil name & color, and politicians have their win since black talons aren't on the market. Same as the "assault rifles", take away the pistol grip and bayonet holder and the politicians have their win. The joke about the Winchester SXT bullet is that SXT stands for "Same eXact Thing".

98% becuase the sharpie ink is not telfon(Not that the teflon helps with anything but fouling of barrels)

The black talons are NOT coated with teflon

I do not believe that the ranger and the talon are the same cartridge. I do beleive that they resemble one another greatly, short of the teflon I think that they are the same bullet.

The newest Ranger T's are not Talons......as I stated the Talons were the first generation of that bullet and the current version is generation 5. So similar, but improved. Again the talons have no teflon.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.