JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$295
Manufacturer
Savage
Caliber
30-30 Winchester
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I am retiring from cast bullet benchrest competition. Selling my Savage 340 30-30 with a vintage Redfield 6x scope. Rifle qualifies in CBA Hunter class competition.

20211106_081242.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Yes it is. I am unable to provide additional photos, the one posted if zoomed is detailed. This was a basic used gun when acquired for the purpose of cast bullet competition in hunter class. The barrel band was removed, the barrel channel was relieved to free float the barrel, the trigger was tuned and the action bedded. All of this was done to promote accuracy. Load development was initiated, but not sufficiently pursued, too many other projects
30-30 in bolt actions tend to be good shooters. The cartridge is well balanced and case volume favors accuracy with cast bullets in the 180-205 grain range and slow pistol or fast rifle powders. I personally liked 2400 with this gun.
If you would like to purchase fine, send a postal money order for $295 to michael henniger 2138 ne 16th ave. Portland, OR 97212. I will ship fed ex upon receipt. If you are unsure or not looking to purchase that's ok too.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.