JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Check out the Ruger American. All I have read and seen about this rifle has been positive.
Sometimes a used gun you purchase may have issues? You cannot beat Ruger's warranty
and customer service.

I second the Ruger American you can buy one new for less than most used rifles on the market, and they have a great trigger, right out of the box

I am looking for an affordable bolt action rifle. My preferred cal would be 30-06. Please comment
I recently purchased the new Ruger American Compact. It shoots 5/8" four round groups at 100 yds.
It is available in 3006. I paid $299.00 on sale. Added a LeupoldVX3 2.5 - 8. Also Weatherby Vanguard series is a good value. Accurate and well made (mine was made by Howa) game getter!
Good Luck - Barney

Don't cheap out on the scope. A cheap gun with quality optics will outshoot a quality gun with a cheap optics. You can usually get into a Leupold for around $200 and it will likely be the last scope you ever need to buy.

Thanks so much everyone. My price range is $200-400 for a used 30-06. I looked at Rugen American and really liked what I saw. Savage Axis and Mossberg 100ATP were also on my list.

as far as an all around cartridge, you would be hard pressed to find anything better than an '06. excellent choice. personally I would suggest you look around for a Model 70 Winchester, or a commercial mauser (or one of the imports fron Zastava) . sure there are cheaper, but the features of a controlled feed rifle with an integral recoil lug are hard to beat.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top