JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1350
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
7.62x39mm
City
Florence
State
Oregon
Zip Code
1000 rounds of vintage Russian HP and 1600 rounds of preban Norinco Silver Box.

I've searched the internet and other firearm forums and have linked some prices.

$1350

I'm willing to do an all or partial trade for ammo that I have firearms for.

Also, I will pitch in $25 for fuel expenses for the drive to Florence and I will donate $25 to NWFA.

Here's a current Armslist ad for Silver Box - $125 for 100 rounds.

Armslist ad

Here are GB's ads for Silver Box. The CHEAPEST price is .75 per round PLUS $12 shipping and 3% CC fee. That comes to $1.37 per round.

Gunbroker ads

Here are the AK guys on Gunboards talking about the Russian ammo. The thread starter found a deal on some assorted Russian ammo at a LGS and in Post #8 a guy says that the old 8M and HP(which is what I have) are both fetching around a buck a round these days.

Gunboards thread

Here's a GB auction for some Russian 7.62x39 8 HP. It has 6 days left, so let's see how it goes. Add $35 shipping and 3% credit card fees to the winning bid.

Gunbroker ad

40ECD194-C5C7-4EE2-8DBC-E53FAAB6B9BE.jpeg 11A6B05B-4189-4521-9AC7-64BBC15FEF65.jpeg 7489D325-103D-4F3F-9E2F-EC2B8AB186E8.jpeg 0CEB1203-B54D-4DC7-A0D2-97889615E447.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Is this ammo as good as brass cased Lapua? If so I want some. I'm not familiar with "silver box". Enlighten me please.

Is this ammo as good as brass cased Lapua? If so I want some. I'm not familiar with "silver box". Enlighten me please.
"Silver Box" is preban Norinco. The hardcore AK guys would be a better source to ask about specifics, but I think it's the most desirable of all the preban Norinco ammo.

I can't speak definitively about a comparison to the Lapua ammo, but what I do know is that this ammo is very expensive on Gunbroker. Take a look, and don't forget to add the shipping and CC fees to the price per round.

Also, I'm selling/trading the ammo as a lot. Upon completing the sale/trade I will be making the donation to NWFA.

"Silver Box" is preban Norinco. The hardcore AK guys would be a better source to ask about specifics, but I think it's the most desirable of all the preban Norinco ammo.

I can't speak definitively about a comparison to the Lapua ammo, but what I do know is that this ammo is very expensive on Gunbroker. Take a look, and don't forget to add the shipping and CC fees to the price per round.

Also, I'm selling/trading the ammo as a lot. Upon completing the sale/trade I will be making the donation to NWFA.
I'm making a trip to Portland around Thanksgiving. Maybe I can make a detour to Florence and I'll buy the whole lot if you still have it. I'll pm you closer to that time if things align.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.