JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I use a version of these and find them much better for me that standard ammo cans as long as I am careful not to make them too heavy.

I use a version of these and find them much better for me that standard ammo cans as long as I am careful not to make them too heavy.
I don't use any of the plastic "cans", of any brand, for ammo as it is just too heavy - but especially Plano. MTM is better, but I still use only GI style metal cans anymore. BiMart still has the 3 can combo (fat 50, 50 and 30) for $30 and I get one or two every time I go in there.

I use the MTM crates for other stuff that I want to protect, that isn't too heavy - like much of my GHB stuff in my daily driver.

I don't use any of the plastic "cans", of any brand, for ammo as it is just too heavy - but especially Plano. MTM is better, but I still use only GI style metal cans anymore. BiMart still has the 3 can combo (fat 50, 50 and 30) for $30 and I get one or two every time I go in there.

I use the MTM crates for other stuff that I want to protect, that isn't too heavy - like much of my GHB stuff in my daily driver.
I was having issues fitting my ammo in cans. When you need to buy 50 cans, you start looking for other solutions. lol I store LOTS of ammo. I agree that metal cans handle the weight better. Everyone has to find their best way. Might be simplier if I dumped the boxes in cans, but I like having it in the boxes still.

I was having issues fitting my ammo in cans. When you need to buy 50 cans, you start looking for other solutions. lol I store LOTS of ammo. I agree that metal cans handle the weight better. Everyone has to find their best way. Might be simplier if I dumped the boxes in cans, but I like having it in the boxes still.
I have somewhere between 70-80K rounds of ammo and I leave the ammo in the boxes it comes in - so yeah, I have a lot of cans. For the most part, the ammo boxes fit in the cans well, if snuggly. Just as one can never have too much ammo, one can never have too many GI metal ammo cans. I am still working on putting all the ammo in cans - should go out and do some of that today or this weekend since I am not going to work outside in the rain. I have been thinking of wrapping the metal handles with paracord too.

I have somewhere between 70-80K rounds of ammo and I leave the ammo in the boxes it comes in - so yeah, I have a lot of cans. For the most part, the ammo boxes fit in the cans well, if snuggly. Just as one can never have too much ammo, one can never have too many GI metal ammo cans. I am still working on putting all the ammo in cans - should go out and do some of that today or this weekend since I am not going to work outside in the rain. I have been thinking of wrapping the metal handles with paracord too.
and remember in your will...its spelled HORATIUS :D

If my will said that I might as well just put PAWNSHOP because one of them would hit the lotto when I kicked it. She would probably drop it off on her way home and take pennies on the dollar.
Some are that way, but not mine, plus I am leaving her everything, which includes enough $ that she would not have to pawn anything. A little bit of ammo wouldn't add much to that.

If my will said that I might as well just put PAWNSHOP because one of them would hit the lotto when I kicked it. She would probably drop it off on her way home and take pennies on the dollar.
I LOVE all my family. Sadly like you not all I trust for different reasons, but I am sorry not all are willing to put in the effort or have mental illness.

Some are that way, but not mine, plus I am leaving her everything, which includes enough $ that she would not have to pawn anything. A little bit of ammo wouldn't add much to that.
Mine can burn thorough cash like a California wildfire, the more she has, the faster she spends. Never learned a single money lesson we tried to teach.
I LOVE all my family. Sadly like you not all I trust for different reasons, but I am sorry not all are willing to put in the effort or have mental illness.
I love all my family too, but when she lived at home, I had to hide all the cash and valuable items so they didn't walk off. Had to stop having even a beer in the fridge or she would drink it and this was high school.

My sister is the same way on sentimental items. Everything is just a $$$ amount. She has a Master's Degree in Education and still guilts my parents into paying for everything. When my parents pass I expect the same level of greediness and backstabbing that my Dad dealt with with his sisters. All very sad since none of us are anywhere close to rich, but are comfortable.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top