JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Concealed means Concealed!
And this has no force of law anyway, all they can do is ask you to leave!
It also has no effect for Permit holders or in constitutional carry states!

Actually had the 2A discussion with a Clerk there yesterday. He was aware of the corporate statement, to which he opined, "I am not even from OR and I know it's legal to carry. Whatever.".

It is the 'Whatever" we need to fear, my friends.

I left an email that will never get read on FM's website.

I just got off the phone with a CSR at my local FM. Told her that it was nothing personal, but I have been shopping there for nearly 50 years. If my gun is not welcome, neither is my wallet.

As was the case with the other clerk I spoke with yesterday, it is not the ground troops, necessarily, that are turning on us.

Remember that as you push back.

Sadly, I doubt that any newly declared "no open carry" merchant will notice even the slightest hiccup in their bottom line. They probably believe that publicizing such a policy might even attract anti-2A shoppers and compensate for any negligible loss - especially around cesspools of blue voters like Eugene, Salem, Portland, Olympia and Seattle.

I find it a bit funny that not long ago, I would say within the last 2 years many on this forum belittled folks who open carried and if it was a rifle then O-my god the world was coming to an end.

Now all of a sudden when shops are putting policy in place to stop open carry and many are talking about concealed carry next many folks are now up set.

I said then and I will say it now a right not exercised is a right lost and this is just an example. You may not like open carry or evil black rifles or whatever but by not supporting there right it will eventually affect your rights.

Every law or policy put in place is one less freedom you have.

As for my wallet it will never affect these places as I do not shop there. Walmart is the only one I go into but it is once every 6 month or so and only if I have no other option and I have never bought a gun or ammo from them so my dollars will not affect them.

Most gun owner will not speak out about it as we do not want to be put in the spot light or we might have our guns taken away through red flag laws as we might be considered a threat. Say something in a negative way about it to the wrong family member and bam you're a threat.

If you're a NRA member you're already considered a closet terrorist waiting to come out.

I feel the next couple years; the year up till the election and the year after are going to be troubling times for gun owners and this knee jerk reaction is just the start.

So pull up your pants, tighten your belt and hang on kids, its going to be a bumpy ride.

I've said before and I'll say again, open carry of an AR is stupid. Anybody that wants to attract the wrong king of attention, just go for it.

Nobody in my area cares a whit if we open carry our handguns. Not a whit! What we need is a more agrarian economy, get the people out of the dam cities......... no wait, they should keep em and mind their own biz, dang busybody sissies!!!

Private property can make whatever rules they want. Period. You can exercise your 2A right to violate their rules and they can also designate you as a trespasser, who do you think is going to win that fight?

Open carry where you aren't wanted to open carry is not supporting 2A, it is endangering 2A. Support for 2A can be successful only by changing hearts and minds, not by butting head or rifle butts.

Ha! I started carrying on stage when I started playing with a drummer from La Grande.

He is so chill, while the rest of the band wanted to see my EDC on our first green room/outdoor festival gig, he just shrugged and winked.

Ha! I started carrying on stage when I started playing with a drummer from La Grande.

He is so chill, while the rest of the band wanted to see my EDC on our first green room/outdoor festival gig, he just shrugged and winked.

We all float down here... so nobody cares about a handgun... it's normal everyday wear.

This whole winning there hearts and mind thing did not work for the US in Vet Nam or the Russians in Afghanistan so what makes folks think it is going to work here. It's a nonexistent myth that yes may change a few folks but the average sheep goes where the food is and where they feel safe even if it is into the wolf den.

So in the mean time we compromise and get our freedoms taken away because we don't want to upset others while the wolves pick our rights off one at a time.

We as gun owners have become a flock of sheep and the loss of a few here and there is ok, as long as the herd is safe until you look around and you're the last one in the herd surrounded by a pack of wolves!

Why don't I care about this topic? I CC if I'm awake. I never OC unless out on the woods. These new policies won't affect me at all. :rolleyes:

Meh, I will continue to CC, period. Just more virtue signaling...
Why don't I care about this topic? I CC if I'm awake. I never OC unless out on the woods. These new policies won't affect me at all. :rolleyes:

^ This. I OC on my own land or in a very remote locations. But in town, concealed is concealed. It is no one's business that I'm packing.

I have actually grown to love CCing, its almost like a game for me, you may see me, but you will never see my guns! Poor you, no idea that i'm standing right there well armed, while you feel safe in your fantasy utopian world of peace, love, and good happiness stuff! Such a bubble they have built up for them selves, not realizing just how fragile it all really is! I may die, but I will die with a pistol in my hands! I would rather go that way instead of on my knees wishing i could have done something, even if just to make evil pay a little more for being evil!

I have actually grown to love CCing, its almost like a game for me, you may see me, but you will never see my guns! Poor you, no idea that i'm standing right there well armed, while you feel safe in your fantasy utopian world of peace, love, and good happiness stuff! Such a bubble they have built up for them selves, not realizing just how fragile it all really is! I may die, but I will die with a pistol in my hands! I would rather go that way instead of on my knees wishing i could have done something, even if just to make evil pay a little more for being evil!

I thought I was just crazy!

Not so much the Butch and Sundance action at the end, but I definitely enjoy packing in a room full of snowflakes!

I find myself walking away from some conversations thinking "That beta would be filling his pants with granola if he knew he knew he was standing 3' from a gun. Why, it might just jump out of my pants and shoot him all by itself!"

Last Edited:
That is the problem with many gun folks is if it does not affect me then I do not care, until it does affect you!

So it seems that the last ten year or so the gun community has pushed the narrative that the 2nd amendment is not about hunting but personal protection.

The Heller case said you have the right to protect yourself in your home and a hand gun was your most common choice so it is protected under the 2nd Amendment.

So since you have admitted hunting is not the reason for the 2nd Amendment then you have admitted it is not protected and therefore could be banned and then you have no reason or need to have any rifles or shotguns of any kind. California just banned trapping is Washington and Oregon next and then hunting. I mean you can buy all the steroid injected meat you want at many different stores so you do not need to hunt and the 2nd Amendment is not about hunting anyway

Since Heller gave you a means to protect yourself in the form of a hand gun then you may have one, with just one 10 round mag so the 2nd Amendment is fulfilled.

Is this acceptable to you all, I mean I do not hunt so it does not bother me in any way. I get to keep my hand gun so I am good with that. Yea I would like more rounds but I get one mag and by having to take more time to load it each time I do not go through as much ammo when I go to the range.

It's a win all around.

Before you get all pissy about giving them Ideas it was not mine, I read it on an anti gun forum as a proposal to give to their elected officials.

Yep it does not affect me "SO I DO NOT CARE!"

This whole winning there hearts and mind thing did not work for the US in Vet Nam or the Russians in Afghanistan so what makes folks think it is going to work here.

Selective history. :rolleyes: Just ignore the places/wars in which it did have some effect...

My point about winning hearts and minds was as a comparison to supporting the 2A by protest/demonstration where people carry ARs or the dumbazz that carried one into a Walmart. You have to know that practice turns the general public off and will accomplish the opposite of what we want. Do I believe there are very many minds left that haven't already been made up, no. But there are some. And members here have also reported some success with changing minds. Then there are the antis that change after a crime is perpetrated against them. Don't give up!

And please leave your MSR cased unless you are using it!!!

Yep it does not affect me "SO I DO NOT CARE!"

I don't care about Walmart no carry other than it supports a growing anti-gun trend. I care more about them not selling ammo, as I have been buying some cheapo target ammo there because it has been convenient. But I can travel a few more miles and get it near as cheap. I generally don't order online because I can't afford to buy in bulk quantities.

What would really cause me to care is if the government started to prohibit open carry. That would be a violation of my 2A rights. Walmart prohibiting open carry on their private property isn't. Big diff.

In studying wars/battles I have found very few that the hearts and mind thing worked with any kind of numbers and I admitted that it might have changed a few folk but very few. Most folks were willing to go along with your ways as long as you supplied them weapon and financing and when that was gone so was their support and it was back to business as usual just with a new government supplied by the financiers of the war/battle.

If you can name a few wars/battles it worked in I am willing to look them over as I learn something new every day.

My point is if you're willing to give up open carry of AR's and I am willing to give up hunting and Joe down the road is willing to give up shotguns then what in the heck are we fighting for, air soft guns and the right to keep them in the box in a closet.

The anti gun folks are willing to fight for everything and anything and that little inch that we do not care about gets them that much closer to the mile they want and yet we still do not care.

Where do we draw the line, when do we say enough is enough and why do we keep giving them more than they ask for, then explaining it away with the excuse of it does not affect me so I don't care.

In their mind set we just set precedent that open carry does not matter because if we are not willing to fight for open carry of rifles then how hard are we really going to fight for the open carry of hand guns.

Most folks on this forum have already admitted they conceal carry so it really would not affect them, so do they care or would they give that up too because it really does not affect them.

I am not an open carry person but I feel they have a right to and I am willing to support and fight for that right. Maybe if more folks carried rifles open less folks would be afraid, but we will never know, will we, as we already gave it up.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads