JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the headline "Breetbat" says "Kroger Bans Open Carry". Then if you take the time to read their blather, (Same blather as other far leaning media, just a different flavor) you see that Kroger will respect the laws as written but "REQUEST" shoppers not open carry.

Fake News.

In the headline "Breetbat" says "Kroger Bans Open Carry". Then if you take the time to read their blather, (Same blather as other far leaning media, just a different flavor) you see that Kroger will respect the laws as written but "REQUEST" shoppers not open carry.

Fake News.

Kinda sorta.

In Oregon, should a business representative ask you to leave, you should comply. Else you MAY face trespass & the possibility of having your CHL (if you have one) pulled/reviewed by your sherif.

So unlikely at a Freddie's down by us, however who really knows these days...

Then there is the oddball freak SJW anywheres. Some cell phone store in Grants Pass as an example, requested an on duty LEO leave because he was carrying, but doing personal business...

Strange times. Strange times indeed.

They're also asking for more gun control:
Adelman added the Ohio-based supermarket chain is also joining Walmart in "encouraging our elected leaders to pass laws that will strengthen background checks and remove weapons from those who have been found to pose a risk for violence."

Fake News.

Not fake news. Kroger is openly signaling who they want in their stores and who they don't. They're a private company, and can do what they want. Regardless of what the law is, they are asking law-abiding, legal gun owners to not shop in their stores while armed. Yet, NONE of the Krogers or Fred Meyer's I've ever been in had armed security in their stores. WalMart is not investing in hiring armed security, either..

So basically, they're asking you to be an unarmed sitting duck while helping make them a profit by buying their crap. If they're unwilling to provide adequate armed security, I'm unwilling to give them any of my money and shop there. The world is too dangerous.

Not fake news. Kroger is openly signaling who they want in their stores and who they don't. They're a private company, and can do what they want. Regardless of what the law is, they are asking law-abiding, legal gun owners to not shop in their stores while armed. Yet, NONE of the Krogers or Fred Meyer's I've ever been in had armed security in their stores. WalMart is not investing in hiring armed security, either..

So basically, they're asking you to be an unarmed sitting duck while helping make them a profit by buying their crap. If they're unwilling to provide adequate armed security, I'm unwilling to give them any of my money and shop there. The world is too dangerous.

I agree with your point. My point was the disgusting way Brightbart wants to get readers all amped up with the FALSE headline "Kroger Bans Open Carry" Reads just like a MSM headline.

And no, they are not asking you to become an "Unarmed sitting duck" They are asking you not to open carry.

Kinda sorta.

In Oregon, should a business representative ask you to leave, you should comply. Else you MAY face trespass & the possibility of having your CHL (if you have one) pulled/reviewed by your sherif.

So unlikely at a Freddie's down by us, however who really knows these days...

Then there is the oddball freak SJW anywheres. Some cell phone store in Grants Pass as an example, requested an on duty LEO leave because he was carrying, but doing personal business...

Strange times. Strange times indeed.

Okay, you're in slightly more firearms friendly part of the state. We hope. Do you ever notice open carry when you're in public places there? I don't really look, but I've got to figure I'm not missing much being in the rotten heart of potland.

And no, they are not asking you to become an "Unarmed sitting duck" They are asking you not to open carry.

QFT!

I have actually had 2A discussions with a clerk in my local FM. He told me a customer complained about open carry one day and he replied, "It's the law.".

We have to educate the snowflakes, because economics tells us that companies will do what it takes to maximize profits, as they are designed to do, which gives the ignorant snowflakes too much influence.

Okay, you're in slightly more firearms friendly part of the state. We hope. Do you ever notice open carry when you're in public places there? I don't really look, but I've got to figure I'm not missing much being in the rotten heart of potland.

OC seems pretty rare out and about, shopping / restaurants & such. Less so day hiking & quick trail walks, not common by any means though.

Has there ever been this much anti-gun sentiment in my lifetime (50yrs)

In 1990 78% wanted stricter laws regarding gun sales. Now it is 61%.

Screenshot_2019-09-04 Guns.png

Notice the peaks for gun control that occurred after the Sandy Hook school mass shooting and the 2018 Parkland school mass shooting. If we want to save lives and prevent more gun control we should minimize the risk of school mass shootings by paying for with taxes and providing armed security at all K-12 schools. Continued inaction toward preventing school mass shootings guarantees more support for gun control.

In 1965 49% supported a ban on all handguns, with the exception of police and other authorized persons. In 2018 only 28% supported that.

Screenshot_2019-09-04 Guns.png

Last Edited:
In 1990 78% wanted stricter laws regarding gun sales. Now it is 61%.

View attachment 614328

Notice the peaks for gun control that occurred after the Sandy Hook school mass shooting and the 2018 Parkland school mass shooting. If we want to save lives and prevent more gun control we should minimize the risk of school mass shootings by paying for with taxes and providing armed security at all K-12 schools. Continued inaction toward preventing school mass shootings guarantees more support for gun control.

In 1965 49% supported a ban on all handguns, with the exception of police and other authorized persons. In 2018 only 28% supported that.

View attachment 614332
Interesting. Were the corporations participating in the anti-gun movement then like they are now?

The last guy I saw OC'ing at our FM was about 5'5", psuedo tactical clothing and a big B-Gum 1911 swinging in a leather Bianchi low on his hip.

I'm not gonna lie, Yosemite Sam IRL!

if its private property, they make the rules. if we dont like the rules, we DONT have to go there. while i respect peoples property rights, i dont always respect peoples decisions

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews