JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Problem is, given current Oregon laws, our doctor can have our guns confiscated, and many doctors probably think a gun only endangers the owner. And if you mouth off the doctor might consider that aggressiveness that warrants confiscating your guns. If any doctor asks me about guns I'm gonna say I don't have any.
If thats the case, record everything these days.

Every 90 days I go in to get my med scripts renewed.

My doc, just listens to my ticker and checks my pulse.

That's it. No intrusive questions. Well, she (yeah she) might ask if I'm doing well which I don't find intrusive as it provides an opportunity to complain about this or that health problem if I care to.

In the past, when my previous doc of many years retired, it broke my heart. He is a very good doc, and a great guy, loves trap shooting and wasn't in the least alarmed at my first physical when I handed him my CHL. (as it was designated then) He examined it and I could see this move rather puzzled him, but it was preview for when I revealed my G19 while disrobing for the physical, he would know what to expect without being alarmed. He accepted it's revelation with equanimity.

Every time I went to see him thereafter, with a big grin on his face, he would always ask in a mock gangster voice if I was packing and of course I was...

Oh, and he never asked intrusive questions or ever tried to coerce me into taking tests I didn't want or need.

When these docs/nurses say they're mandated by federal law to ask about guns or what have you, I don't buy it for one second. If that's true, why don't Texas docs ask such b.s. intrusive questions?

BTW, I've had to see a number of specialty docs for a variety of health problems and they too never asked these questions or insist I take tests I don't want or need.

That's it. No intrusive questions. Well, she (yeah she) might ask if I'm doing well which I don't find intrusive as it provides an opportunity to complain about this or that health problem if I care to.

In the past, when my previous doc of many years retired, it broke my heart. He is a very good doc, and a great guy, loves trap shooting and wasn't in the least alarmed at my first physical when I handed him my CHL. (as it was designated then) He examined it and I could see this move rather puzzled him, but it was preview for when I revealed my G19 while disrobing for the physical, he would know what to expect without being alarmed. He accepted it's revelation with equanimity.

Every time I went to see him thereafter, with a big grin on his face, he would always ask in a mock gangster voice if I was packing and of course I was...

Oh, and he never asked intrusive questions or ever tried to coerce me into taking tests I didn't want or need.

When these docs/nurses say they're mandated by federal law to ask about guns or what have you, I don't buy it for one second. If that's true, why don't Texas docs ask such b.s. intrusive questions?

BTW, I've had to see a number of specialty docs for a variety of health problems and they too never asked these questions or insist I take tests I don't want or need.

I don't go to the doc very often, but when I do and NO MATTER what for I strip down completely nude and do my best to chub up before they walk in to the exam room.

I figure that ought to distract from any intrusive questions. Although my dentist won't stop texting me now. I keep telling him I'm not interested.

:D

I don't go to the doc very often, but when I do and NO MATTER what for I strip down completely nude and do my best to chub up before they walk in to the exam room.

I figure that ought to distract from any intrusive questions. Although my dentist won't stop texting me now. I keep telling him I'm not interested.

I give em the Buffalo bill, tuck my package in and sing "goodbye horses" at full volume

I wonder if your tactic would work in job interviews?

I got asked a similar question when I had hernia surgery. I wanted to give a smart bubblegum answer as well, so I told them my wife beat me. My derisive laughter didn't clue them into my sarcasm, and I ended up having to explain that I was joking.

Years ago, 25 maybe? Maybe a bit more, a sales call for insurance, or something I don't recall. We had a few drinks and were trying to be funny. The wife told the sales caller we wouldn't be needing whatever it was they were selling. As a matter of fact were were thinking of ending our lives. Or alluded to such actions. Well, that was a mistake. About fifteen minutes later we had to convince the caller from the suicide hot line we were just sick of sales calls and trying to freak the sales CALLER out. :oops:

Medical misadventure - Another bs euphemism for death.....and the medical folk have a million of em...

Here's another one for death: "therapeutic misadventure" or how about "negative patient-care outcome." This last one sounds kinda/rather like victim blaming...

The list of lying, oh I'm so sorry, let me lighten the load - no, I won't, gdammit, they simply can't tell the truth when death is involved.

Lawyers advise them 'never admit' is my guess.

Truth won't set them free per lawyers, but maybe they underestimate people who'd like not to be bs'd and actually won't turn around and sue...but appreciate the simple truth without rancor or reprisal when hearing the truth of a sad/despairing situation.

As in: Mom/Dad died as they couldn't be helped any further.

Oh, OK doc, you did your best. I appreciate you're not God. Thank you for all your effort.

No suing, but simple acceptance and understanding doctors can only do so much.

Just tell us the truth when death is imminent or if survival is probably not going to happen, but who knows? Stranger things have happened. Prepare for their death, but hey, survival is not entirely out of the realm of possibility though doubtful.

I feel a bit strong about this because I was bs'd when my Dad was dying.

Lying about such is not a good medical policy.

It's recent, but yeah, that is mandated and stupid.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews