JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ship stuff all the time, USPS priority mail packages are insured for a $100 minimum and have tracking. USPS damaged a gun I shipped and they paid up for the damage after the proper paperwork was filed. UPS never pays up. FeDex broke one of my guns and I had to write the CEO and threaten to go to small claims court to get them to pay. So no I only ship USPS. I'll ship anything legal to ship if someone wants to buy from me.

Im not sure why you feel this way. I literally joined less than a week ago and have purchased two things from different members who shipped it out to me. Now i havent gotten the items yet but trust i will have no issues. Actually i joined cause i was searching for parts and saw what i needed on this forum. Ill be sticking around cause people seem really cool.

Im not sure why you feel this way. I literally joined less than a week ago and have purchased two things from different members who shipped it out to me. Now i havent gotten the items yet but trust i will have no issues. Actually i joined cause i was searching for parts and saw what i needed on this forum. Ill be sticking around cause people seem really cool.
I asked because my experience has been roughly probably 80/20 or even 90/10 no-shipping vs shipping where as on other sites and even locally, shipping is much more prevalent. Otherwise there wouldn't have been any purpose for the question.

I asked because my experience has been roughly probably 80/20 or even 90/10 no-shipping vs shipping where as on other sites and even locally, shipping is much more prevalent. Otherwise there wouldn't have been any purpose for the question.
Idk. I wish I could help answer but I really think it just happens to be your experience. We can both ride a roller coaster and have different personal experiences, but that doesn't mean the roller coaster is what your experience is.

If the Gummbermint was not overreaching like they do. Then shipping would not be and issue.
My mom bought a mail order revolver in the 1960's in California. Late sold it at a Drug store.
I would be happy to ship, if I knew one of three things that couldn't happen wouldn't.

Carrier doesn't know the laws and puts a hold.
FFA receiving is confused about the laws.
Or worse a carrier at the other end of lib town holds it.

Its pretty stupid, you can ship stuff that could kill thousands.
Yet a pew pew is held up like its bricks of gold.

No one is unwilling, I mean no one.
Its point a-b that interferes and makes it not worth it. MHO

ARGUS

Living in the very north end of Washington it can be very discouraging to see something listed down south that I would buy but the seller refuses to ship it. However, I feel that it's the sellers privilege to not do so if that's what they want. I have sent private messages and asked them to please let me know if it doesn't sell locally whether we could work something out and that has often worked.

Shipping something to another C&R holder or to a FFL for transfer has never been a big deal for me. I don't like FedEx but have never had a problem shipping UPS or USPS. I just take payment in Postal MO or if they want to send a check it has to clear first and they have to wait. Has worked every time for me. I have had some packages go to way off the route but with tracking we knew where they were and they eventually got there.

I've been on this site for a while now, only really active again more recently and mostly buying/selling. I've noticed a lot of Oregon residents specifically, which makes up a large majority of the members here, are unwilling to ship items for some reason. I get it if it's something 'banned' here in Washington and you've got an out of state buyer trying to buy some standard capacity magazines or threaded barrels (which actually aren't illegal by themselves) or whatnot. But why not ship reloading dies or optics or other non-banned items? Are people just lazy?

With websites like Pirate Ship that even get you a discount on shipping and you can print all your own labels directly from home, all you have to do is package your item, tape it up with the label on it, and then drop it off at whatever courier service you so choose to use. Over on WAGuns, people are far more open to shipping items. Even when living only a few cities away from each other.

Are Oregoner's just lazy? I'm not sure if it's the same case if another Oregon resident asks for shipping or not. But I see a lot of listings that specify no shipping as well.
I think there are just a large number of members who are from the generation where f2f is preferred. I don't mind shipping anything since I have a scale, boxes, packing and can easily get a click and ship quote from USPS. Some things to consider...
I'll only ship to people who have a overwhelmingly positive feedback here. This reduces the chances they'll pull some crap. I always take as good of pictures as possible particularly of any flaws so that it doesn't surprise anyone on the other end.
As long as I don't take the hit for shipping but I can also get it shipped reasonably priced for anything that isn't huge. With gas prices these days it's nearly a wash for small accessories compared to driving long distances. It's always a good idea to insure the shipment too in case someone steals the package etc

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top