JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Same as what others have said. Too personal of a decision with many variables (purpose, needs, preferences, etc) to consider that you haven't shared.

But... I'd buy a S&W M&P 9 M2.0 Compact (4" barrel, 15+1) before a G19 personally. :)

I want to buy a new gun and I'm trying to see which gun is more better than the Glock 19 ? I am looking at the G43X, just want you guys to advise me
Silly... G19 is the perfect carry size in the Glock lineup, Very concealable, good weight, shoots well for a Glock. You can get a better pistol, but for EDC G19 is the one. If you go smaller, you will suffer. If you go bigger, it is less concealable.

I have a Ruger SR9c, licensed Glock action... it is slimmer and just a bit shorter, but no longer made.

Good luck on your hunt!

For CCW duty, The Hellcat pro has replaced my 19. It has just the right amount of grip & slide length to be as shoot able, in a smaller size, with the same capacity of the g19.

Staying within the Glock lineup, I'd say the G48 is better than the G19. It already comes with standard capacity 10rd mags so you'll be good to go when the mag ban becomes law. If it doesn't, you can roll with the Shield Arms 15rd mags. The width between the two on paper seems negligible. To me though, there is a very noticeable difference in actual carry comfort. The 48 wins hands down! The 48 is just a G19 in skinny jeans.🤣

I do not have anything against glocks and have one the G35 and it is fine just does not give me the warm fuzzies. I prefer something non plastic Sig or Cz's make me feel warm inside ! I found pistols are like golf clubs you cannot play a game with one club each has it's purpose . I have some that are strictly range toys not because they are unreliable but because they are too nice looking .

HK is the best, No Compromise. :D
1667241195163.jpeg

I'm not a huge Glock fan but don't dislike them either. They're a good tool for what they are.

I'm not saying it's better than a G19, but for a compact-ish non-plastic firearm, I've shot the Sig P225A1 and it's pretty sweet. Downsides may be it's only 8+1 capacity and a bit heavier (at least compared to an unloaded G19).

I have both. Prefer to shoot the G19, but the G43X is a lot nicer for carry. I would suggest you stay far, far away from the Shield Arms magazine. I sprung for a mag and the mag release a few months ago. No bueno... With the factory mags, the G43X functions perfectly. When using the shield mag, I get a fail to eject by round 6 or 7. Looking online, it doesn't appear to be my issue alone. I'm going to put the OEM mag release back in and go 10+1 in the OEM mags.

Better for what? What is the performance metric?
As solv3nt mentioned you really need to give a little more info on what you are after here. Like why you want a Glock but not a 19 for example?
G19 is a better fighting pistol. G43x is better for carrying concealed. 1911 has a better trigger. A Hipoint is better for riding dirty. A CZ is better for hipsters.

Everything is a compromise. Figure out what exactly you want it to be better at and go for there.
^^^Pretty much this

Whatever you buy, get 2 or 3 of the same gun.
And between 10 and 20 magazines for each gun.
^^^and this. I have (3) G19.3, a G26.3 and a G43. I have tried all the pistols mentioned in this thread and then some seeking a replacement pistol, but keep coming back to my G19s and selling them off. I bought the G43 to replace my S&W 442 but that didn't happen either.

How many bullets do you think you might need to save your life or another loved one?
I mean in a fast-moving incident, when it's probably dark and maybe you just woke up.

I have both. Prefer to shoot the G19, but the G43X is a lot nicer for carry. I would suggest you stay far, far away from the Shield Arms magazine. I sprung for a mag and the mag release a few months ago. No bueno... With the factory mags, the G43X functions perfectly. When using the shield mag, I get a fail to eject by round 6 or 7. Looking online, it doesn't appear to be my issue alone. I'm going to put the OEM mag release back in and go 10+1 in the OEM mags.
A "fail to eject" is generally and extractor/ejector issue…. generally.

A Glock 23.
Beat me to it.... :s0155:

As others said though... it's entirely subjective and kind of a moot discussion without metrics as to the intended usage and performance envelope you are looking for.

To me, 9's are only good for the lightest sub compact carry when minimal weight and size are the key factors... or... a cheaper training tool for a compareable fireame. IE., I might use my G19 for certain training drills instead of my G23. Cheaper ammo and less wear on my G23.👍

That too is subjective....

G17>G19.

The 19 can't figure out what it wants to be. EDC or duty weapon, it doesn't really fit either IMO.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top