JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
. . . about our house. Yes it's worth quite a bit more than we paid for it 20 years ago. if we sold it for what it would sell for today and then spent the money on another house we could have exactly this house.
Holy echoes, Batman. My wife and I just had this conversation a couple days ago. Irrefutable logic, I thought, a solid debate stopper. And then she said,

"But that new house would be located near the beach in Ocean Shores, not surrounded by tinder-dry trees in Clark County." :p

Married but we have separate finances. It makes for much less arguing.
Word. 24yrs of marriage bliss due to separate finances since T-minus 3.5yrs. Have a "undisclosed" number of gun safes to back this up.

I do look at some of the asking prices and then look at my 20,30 and 40 year old guns and think goshk Popeye, I could sell them and make bank. But the thing is I like my guns so would have to replace them at today's prices. I had a similar conversation with my wife about our house. Yes it's worth quite a bit more than we paid for it 20 years ago. if we sold it for what it would sell for today and then spent the money on another house we could have exactly this house.
And why I am working hard to buy house #2. What other investment allows you to barrow $ at a lower interest rate than the growth of the dam investment!!!!! Ok down payment… dagnamit need more w/o selling guns. …. There is a way.

Yah, inflation sucks but I can't say I really notice it.
Three kids in college gets all my spare cash lately.
Says me in 1yr. Exact same boat. Same deal for me, but putting kids at 1/3 my cost. Wife (back to @arakboss post above) is 1/3 and I am the other 1/3. This way the boys have skin in the game at age 18+ vrs. "Its a free for all on mom and dad." Besides Dad is saving for more guns and house #2 down payment.
When was this rule change made?

• Buying, selling, or trading reloaded ammunition (even as components) without an 06 FFL.
Ahem. 07 FFL can also manufacture ammunition (+ guns too) Why its the magic FFL. (All the power of 01 too) ;) Just sayin' if we are quoting ATF stuff, lets be "inclusive" to all the identities who can manufacture ammunition for resale.

Separate finances only works if you have separate incomes.
So VERY true! We just celebrated 19 years this week. Several years back we went from dual incomes with no kids (DINKS) to single income with four kids. She has much respect in the fact she doesn't have to worry about $$$ and we are both happy. She also understands where $$$ comes from and knows better than to question any of my firearm purchases.

Haa, my pos too makes people assume there is no insurance card in the glove compartment.
Not caring, it comes with being old :D
Ah, my brother from another mother. I paid $2,800 for my 1999 car four years ago. It gets double the gas mileage of my pickup that just sits most of the time. It's all-wheel drive so other than a few roads with deep water bars, I can take it most places my pickup goes. I'm the guy that takes that parking spot everyone else thought was too tight with the trucks on each side parked on the line. Not caring does indeed come with being old. :D

I do not need or WANT to buy another firearm for MYSELF.

That goes for MY small amount of 22lr and 22wmr ammunition too.

I gifted my last 2 firearms to my husband but I still shoot those 2 sweet CZ bolt action rifles.

CZ 457 Lux in 22lr and 22wmr.

I always used and still use IRON SIGHTS so I do not put scopes on any gun that I shot in the past or still shoot too. I like SIMPLE but classic looking firearms.

I do not shoot much any longer. I keep up my skills and safety issues.

I STILL enjoy shooting but since my pain is a ROYAL PAIN - I do NOT enjoy it as MUCH as I used to when I was a high volume shooter and shooting my former CF and RF handguns and CF rifles.

I still shoot RF rifles as I said above and I ALWAYS ENJOYED shooting LOTS of RF ammunition in a variety of firearms.

I am more into knives now too. I have enough there.

I am very PICKY on what fits my OLD HANDS - same as when I was younger!

I am very selective on what SUITS my taste in FIXED BLADE knifes. IF I decide to get another knife, axe or 'hawk - I will sell something or GIFT it to my husband.

My husband may (?) get a firearm for his birthday and Christmas gift.

If he really WANTS it and IF he decides to get it - he plans on selling something ELSE BEFORE he buys it - special orders it from our favorite FFL man.

He does not need any reloading products and he does not need any RF ammunition.

He still shoots on a regular basis but less times per week. He still fishes and hunts too.

Personally, I would like to SELL OUT meaning the house and more STUFF and move to a travel trailer or motor home and live in 2 spots most of the time. Cool and warm but my husband is NOT keen on that.

He did say that he would like to buy the house from me, I built it not him, IF I should decide to live in 2 spots. But someone would have to keep an EYE on it especially when he goes to 2 spots WITH ME or 1 spot WITH ME and then come back to the house WITH ME. NOT exactly living like a snow bird but sort of.

So when it comes to BUYING more STUFF - I have always been going the other way in gifting, selling and donating aka DOWNSIZING even BEFORE my late husband's cancer discovery and death TO A DEGREE. Plus BIG time after he died and I sold OUT and moved as we had planned.

LIFE is short so if you do CHOOSE to buy or sell something - buy what you can AFFORD to buy, SAVE UP FOR IT, NO DEBT, and ENJOY what you own when your health is good.

Best wishes to all of you!

Cate the Minimalist

Last Edited:
I don't know about the rest of you slackers, but I'm doing my part. Ordered this yesterday ahead of the November elections.

A very strong U.S. dollar and weak Turkish lira ($1 = 18.6 lira) has dropped the price considerably on these little machines.

-E-

century-ap5-p-hg6035a-n-5.jpg

I have definitely noticed the slow down on the forum

And have wanted see what other members are noticing

Sadly the inflation and lack of spare cash has just gotten started. Higher prices for fuel headed our way… seeing it at the Racks in Portland now. 6-7 bucks for diesel this winter

Sadly the inflation and lack of spare cash has just gotten started. Higher prices for fuel headed our way… seeing it at the Racks in Portland now. 6-7 bucks for diesel this winter
The enjoyment of a lot of things are not as good. I shoot a lot less and it's more just to keep my skills or reaction. I can't bring myself to blast through a lot of ammo. I have about 7 losies (unused 223 rounds still in a box of 20) to use later.

I had a medium sized set back earlier this year and it's taken until just recently to catch back up. Previously, it would have only taken a few months, if that.

A big difference from 2008 or 2012 is now it's everything. Not just housing or jobs or a flat economy. It's everything at once. A lot of first time in a long time issues. Food prices? I have faith in God and my family but not in the current leadership.

So VERY true! We just celebrated 19 years this week. Several years back we went from dual incomes with no kids (DINKS) to single income with four kids. She has much respect in the fact she doesn't have to worry about $$$ and we are both happy. She also understands where $$$ comes from and knows better than to question any of my firearm purchases.
Our 20th is next week. Hard to believe it's been that long. Our oldest is 18 and starting college. I feel bad because the best we can do for her is community college.

When I was growing up (logging and farming community), community college was the best you could hope for, if you worked hard and paid your own way. An actual university of any kind was out of reach for "normal people". I had no idea.

As for guns and buying more gun stuff, I'm done, at least for the foreseeable future. I have more toys than needed and no justification for more. I did renew my range membership recently. I still go out there pretty regularly with at least one of my kids, though it's as much to just get out of the house and spend time with my kids.

Last Edited:
Yeah. I've been saying that too. :rolleyes:
Me too. Every single time I'm done with the initial testing and sight in of a newly aquired.... I say that.

One of these days it might sink in, but at my age, short term memory to long term memory storage isn't what it used to be.

Thankfully........ 🤣

Talk about LUST ! :D

I just saw a drum magazine for my shotgun advertised for under $100.00. :eek:

It's Duck Season, but I don't shoot ducks anymore as I don't eat them. :(

I'm not into riot control. :s0123:

Shotgun shells are too expensive so I don't shoot the shotgun much anymore.:s0092:

That magazine sure was purdy....:s0093:

Think I'll go out into the garage and stare into the safe. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Yeah. I've been saying that too. :rolleyes:
I've been saying it for years, maybe decades. I think it might stick this time, at least for a while during this season of life.

Instead of buying gun stuff, I should have been putting that money in college savings for my kids. I want them to have opportunities that I didn't have at their age.

I've been saying it for years, maybe decades. I think it might stick this time, at least for a while during this season of life.

Instead of buying gun stuff, I should have been putting that money in college savings for my kids. I want them to have opportunities that I didn't have at their age.
I feel like I'm done too. I want to play with what I've got, and it's not easy to get to a range. I load for almost all my calibers. I hesitate to get another safe, so without selling I really don't have room for more. with the new laws, likely, coming in, buying/selling will be pretty much destroyed. At lest the ways I learned buying and selling in my short 12 years as a firearms enthusiast.

Fcvk you Joe Biden.
Maybe he'll ship you some of those 15 millions of barrels a day he's going start taking out of the "Strategic Reserves" again? I can't believe an "Administration" can be so stupid? "They", must figure we won't be needing those reserves. We're going to go 100% renewable here in a few years! :confused:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top