JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a fair amount of guns and shoot a lot, so looking back over my shooting history and contemplating what one gun seems to always go with and get shot no matter what else I've got going on. Here are some random thoughts on the distillation of my thoughts process.
I really like my CZ Shadow II but man is it hungry for ammo, I find I leave it home to save on 9mm
My M&P 40 Shield is my concealed carry gun so is always with me but doesn't get shot that much.
Ruger Blackhawks, I've got a bunch of them and that's the first gun I bought on my own a long time ago. But now days they don't get out much but I will say the 357 gets shot more than the others.
I've got other guns that get shot a bit but are mostly test fixtures for my ammo business. But the one gun that just seems to be always in the gun bag regardless of whatever else in in there is a 1911 in 45 acp. I don't know why exactly but it's comforting like an old friend. It's not the fastest or the latest and greatest or even the most accurate but for some reason it's always in the range bag.
So, what's your most fun gun/caliber? The one you enjoy and shoot the most.
A hard one indeed. PROBABLY my 9mm Browning HiPower pistol and a Kalashnikov rifle (based on usage over time). There are others tho, right up there- AR15 and 1911 (or Glock 19), K98k Mauser...

Ruger MKII 22LR.
I've been shooting a Standard since 1970, or so. I rarely shoot it anymore, but every time I do I love it.
I also have a fairly long love affair with 1911s.

But my favorite gun to shoot these days is my little S&W 60-15, either with 38s or 357s.

20201121_183614.jpg

Last Edited:
Favorite handgun?? Historically I would have said a 6" 1911 in 10mm, but I recently picked up a full size Dan Wesson DWX. It's the bastard child of a 1911 and CZ that we didn't know was needed. Like your shadow, it is definitely hungry for ammo!

Sending it off for an optics cut, and will be ditching the red for something possibly a bit more subtle.

20231012_153311.jpg

I really don't see it that way....
I know I do get tired of the over abundance of home / self defense firearm talk.

I find it ironic that most folks who do engage in such talk are also against limitations on firearms...
Yet some of those same people willing limit their use / enjoyment of firearms to a single purpose
Andy
Yep, me too Andy me too, that's why I keep posting the fun gun threads. I get it a gun could protect me and I will use it if needed, but darn it wanging steel at 200 yds with my 45-70 is FUN! So is flipping Dueling tree plates back and forth with my ol' 1911.

Favorite handgun?? Historically I would have said a 6" 1911 in 10mm, but I recently picked up a full size Dan Wesson DWX. It's the bastard child of a 1911 and CZ that we didn't know was needed. Like your shadow, it is definitely hungry for ammo!

Sending it off for an optics cut, and will be ditching the red for something possibly a bit more subtle.

View attachment 1754860
My CZ had the Blue Aluminum grips on it when I got it now it has these only with the thin blue line:

WIth any of my guns, I guess I could say I shoot for fun. Really though, when I discuss shooting with some one, I equate it to their playing golf. o_O

Other than a functional test of a firearm, or a new load. Shooting is a refreshing of my skills and my ability to, "Stack Bullets", (put all of them into the same hole).
Seriously though, it really puts a smile on my face, when the smoke clears, to see that I've managed to put a ball in the black with one of my, "Smoke Poles". :)

Last Edited:
I like all calibers and guns but .22 LR has been the funnest caliber shoot. I've had many good times with my son shooting this caliber. I also learned from my grandfather on this caliber and the memories mean the world to me.

Always have one of my Colt Pythons with me, just something about those classics in classic calibers that is so right, usually followed by some time with one of the numerous 1911/2011's just for kicks, and then there is the Metaba, which shoots both .45 Colt AND .454 Casull, which is WAY too much fun to shoot!

Favorite caliber(s): 22LR & 45 ACP

I have several 22LR handguns - but I've really enjoyed my Glock 44 over the past couple of years. Have not had any of the problems other folks reported. I probably like it so much because I'm a Glock guy and I'm so used to Glock ergonomics that when the 44 came out it was all the best of Glock with no recoil.

Got several different form factors in 45 ACP - but favorite is 1911. I was a 1911 virgin until about 4 years ago. I had a lot of questions early on and got a lot of help from a lot of forum members - especially from @Ura-Ki. I love shooting 45 - and my favorite firearm in that caliber is a Remington R1.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top