JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone remember the H&R Handi-Rifle centerfire single shots?

Lots of barrel options, even can switch between shotgun and rifle cartridges, different furniture, rail or no rail for opticd
Yes I do. I bought one for my wife when I was young and stupid. A rifle barrel with a shotgun trigger! What on earth could be wrong with that? As I recall H&R/NEF is out of business now.....

Yes I do. I bought one for my wife when I was young and stupid. A rifle barrel with a shotgun trigger! What on earth could be wrong with that? As I recall H&R/NEF is out of business now.....
Pretty sure Palmetto State Armory bought the H&R name. So far they've only used H&R branding on retro AR rifles, AR parts and magazines.

Edit. I used to have a cut down (formerly 28", to 19"ish) NEF Pardner 12ga single shot in a Choate machine tool Survivor 20ga stock... the kick from that thing.. good lord.

Something to consider with versatile....
One can do many things....but not be good at doing those many things.
Conversely ...
Over specialization will make one excellent at one thing...and not so excellent at anything else.

As you may guess...
I ain't a fan of "versatile firearm platform"...
Pick a firearm that is good / useful for what and how you shoot....
This will mean that you will have more than one firearm , since there ain't no one size fits all ...for anything.
Andy
Your post got me thinking about all the "survival guns" out there. I have a friend who owns a lot of the supposed best survival guns like the over under rifle-shotgun from savage, the marlin papoose, M6 scout, etc.. I like them all because they're cool concepts but at the end of the day I think I'd rather just own a good shooting 22 bolt action wood stocked rifle for serious survival or a pump shotgun. A good 22 is much more accurate then a lot of the survival 22's and a shotgun is just a good all around gun.

Pretty sure Palmetto State Armory bought the H&R name. So far they've only used H&R branding on retro AR rifles, AR parts and magazines.

Edit. I used to have a cut down (formerly 28", to 19"ish) NEF Pardner 12ga single shot in a Choate machine tool Survivor 20ga stock... the kick from that thing.. good lord.
I got a 20 gauge NEF for my 8-10th birthday and it was my first gun. Don't shoot it anymore (youth size) but it's a good basic shotgun!

What my Avatar shows. The Thompson Center Dimension bolt action rifle (it's not technically pistol make able but if you were determined and had a hacksaw...) as it can shoot 11 different calibers from 204 Ruger to 300 WM by simply changing out the barrel, bolt and magazine spacer in about 2-3 minutes. There are 4 bolt options, has a sub MOA guarantee, 3 round removable box magazine and 5R rifling. Unfortunately, it was short lived on the marketplace.
Calibers (what more could you need? - I found a way:D):
A bolt = 204 Ruger & 223
B bolt = 22-250, 243 Win, 6.5 CM, 308 & 7mm-08
C bolt = 270 & 30-06
D bolt = 7mm & 300 WM

If money is no object, then a registered HK full auto sear trigger pack would be my choice.
A registered sear will work with all HK-90 series (IE MP5, MP5SD, K, 91/93/51/53/31/33/21/23) platforms.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top