JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

There are just a few days left to vote in the 2018 general election. The stakes have never been higher.

The Democrat majority in the Oregon legislature has promised to introduce (and may very well already have) a slew of anti-gun bill that will mirror the failed anti-gun ballot measures.

The current governor even went to court to keep secret the bills the Democrats are working on.

We are even seeing some Republicans talking about supporting new gun restrictions. So if you have not already, please take the time to fill in and return your ballot.

The Oregon Firearms candidate ratings are available here if you have not seen them already.

Many counties around Oregon have "Second Amendment Preservation Ordinances" on the ballot. We have received quite a few questions about these measures.

We do think they are far from perfect. Many of them allow the Sheriff of the county to decide what is or is not a constitutional gun law. We believe that is not the role of the sheriff and we certainly would not want a Bloomberg bootlick like Multnomah County Sheriff Mike Reese deciding what the law is.

That being said, we think they are a great step forward and will send a message to the Portland controlled legislature that the entire state does not support their gun grabbing schemes. If we can pass many or all of them we can still come back and pass improved versions. And in each county that has placed them on the ballot there are now hard working independent patriots who have learned how to get this done. OFF supports these measures.

Please vote.

The post VOTE! appeared first on Oregon Firearms Federation.

------
Oregon Firearms Federation

I think we are receiving a dis-service and actually making our future even bleaker by being told to vote for neither candidate. Clearly one is worse than the other. More folks will exercise their apathy and not vote at all. Believe it or not, things could get worse if we stand back and let the anti's have their way across the board. And then continue to blame Portland.

There's enough non-voters elsewhere in the state that could have made a difference if they didn't just stay home and blame everybody else.

Last Edited:
The current governor even went to court to keep secret the bills the Democrats are working on.

That's a bunch of bubblegum bulldung! The very fact (if correct) they are hiding the bill(s) content tells me they are up to no good at all. Does "you have to sign it to be allowed to read it" ring a bell? - Nancy Pelosi's statement regarding Obama Care.

https://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Documents/unofficial-ballot-return-nov-2018.pdf

D - 17.1% 984,477 total voters: Actually voted so far: 167,895

R - 16.6% 710,981 total voters: Actually voted so far: 118,148

As of 10/26/18 at 1312pm or 1:12pm for those who can't into 24hrs.
Follow this link daily during the week until Nov 6 to see where we stand.

A list of voters over time periods in Oregon with sourced site included.
https://data.oregon.gov/Administrative/Voter-Registration-Change-Over-Time/2ppg-zt4s

This link includes D/R/Indie/Libertarian and Non-affiliated.

Find a ballot box near you in Oregon
Oregon Secretary of State: Oregon Drop Box Locator

Current by political seatings: scroll down
Larry J. Sabato's Crystal Ball » 2018 Governor

Interactive map for 2018 also has news updates by state:
2018 Gubernatorial Elections Interactive Map

Copy paste and share with friends and God Bless!

Todays results:
Repubs: 19.1% returned
Dems: 19.2% returned

.1% difference compared to qoute above. Folks theres a chance. follow the links and see for yourselves. Screenshot_20181029-165102.png

This election is neck and neck as you can see. Nov 6th is the deadline dont miss it. Every vote will count and currently we are literally right behind them. Dont get complacent because we are either. GET OUT AND VOTE UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE!!

You're not counting non-party affiliated voters like myself (we actually outnumber both registered party voters) ;)

Follow the link in the top of my qoute. the image was a quick screen shot between D and R to show how close the % is to boost morale. OR is currently in toss up (in my links) and looking on search engines yields same writings from other news sites painting Kate with a slight lead over Knute but also advise waiting until the last min voters pile in their results.

Either way we are neck an neck right now and all votes will matter so hopefully everyone doesnt forget to vote or doesnt vote, we are trying to reverse a course thats not been working for the last 30 years and under current political events. We finally have a chance!!

That's a bunch of bubblegum bulldung! The very fact (if correct) they are hiding the bill(s) content tells me they are up to no good at all. Does "you have to sign it to be allowed to read it" ring a bell? - Nancy Pelosi's statement regarding Obama Care.
That's now a carved-in-stone Progressive tactic.

Non affiliated eligible is: 878,307
Non affiliated returned is: 65,810
Total: 7.5%

Republican eligible: 710,741
Republican returned: 135,796
Total: 19.1%

Democrat eligible: 984,196
Democrat returned: 188,923
Total: 19.2%

Please keep in mind these are the results from the oregon SOS site as of 10/29/2018 and will update as ballots return until nov 6th deadline.

So far repubs have the 2nd highest return votes behind dems. Non affiliated may have more eligible but we will have to wait and see if they actually turn in their ballots by the 6th.

The link is updated i believe daily and they post results on twitter. So far id day this is a pretty good shot at removing brown and bringing the state from under complete stacked dem rule. Every vote counts, quite literally. 8 days left people.

I think we are receiving a dis-service and actually making our future even bleaker by being told to vote for neither candidate. Clearly one is worse than the other.

Agreed, and, indeed:

• One, in the Senate, voted against both SB 941 and SB 719. The other signed both into law.
  • One opposed IP-43 and 44 and stated, as governor, would not have enforced the former. The other has publicly supported IP-43 and has promised to sign into law new gun control measures.
One of those two will be the next governor. I don't know how much more plain this could be. :rolleyes:

Dont forget our friends over at lift every voice. Theyve been active as well with plans to start anti gun practice coming in hot in 2019.

Dont believe me? We beat them at IP43 AND IP44 THO!!?. Well guess what!

October 5, 2018

Coming back to ban LCM or Large Capacity Magazines and to ban future sales of assault weapons.

If getting Kate out and sticking it to their cronies doesnt light a fire under your bubblegum to perserve the 2A in Oregon then i have no idea what else would work right now.

Last Edited:
Yet OFF rates them both an F- . Voting for neither is a vote for the winner, and that is very possibly Miss Brownstain.

I have supported OFF with contributions over the years, and will likely continue to do so. But this could be OFF's undoing, and could usher in Brown's victory.

I actually released over the summer what laws were being proposed in 2019 I even stated about the attendees. OFF is only about 5 months behind on that news and still doesn't know its contents. The contents were released on this website by me earlier this year. Sure wish people would listen, its like wasting my breath to try and tell people. But sure lets listen to OFF whom has not stopped any legislation in over a decade. I think I am done trying to warn the public about this stuff, no one cares unless it makes a name for them. I told OFF about this earlier this year and they dismissed it, said it here and it was dismissed. I told everyone over a year ago about the
Assullt ban and mag limits in 2018, but told everyone in 2017. I sure hope we get pounded this election maybe , just maybe then people will wake up. From here on out I think I will just keep it on my own website stuff and not bother. This is not news, its not even new , news. I give up o_O. Like talking to a wall at times trying to warn people.

As I always say, back to your regular scheduled programming.

If getting Kate out and sticking it to their cronies doesnt light a fire under your bubblegum to perserve the 2A in Oregon then i have no idea what else would work right now.

Agreed. I am an not a member, supporter, or blanket advocate of either party. But this one, at this time, is just too obvious.

Yet OFF rates them both an F- . Voting for neither is a vote for the winner, and that is very possibly Miss Brownstain.

I have supported OFF with contributions over the years, and will likely continue to do so. But this could be OFF's undoing, and could usher in Brown's victory.

Agreed, on all accounts. Tangentially, the NRA gives Knute a B rating. That seems fair considering his voting record and public statements; not great, but generally pro-2A. More importantly, he's not going to commit political suicide by pushing through major gun control measure as the first GOP governor since the Reagan era.

Both organizations, accurately, give the unsightly Brownstain and F. Unlike some of the other big government scum that have held high office in this land, she actually is open about new, sweeping, and outright Draconian gun bans.

I have supported OFF financially many times. And I give the group the highest regards, without qualification, for their fight against IP-43. Their rating of Mr. Buehler is, in my humble opinion, unfair, unfounded, and not helpful to their credibility.

And on a strategic note: the Oregon Firearms Federation (OFF) has a good chance of getting the The Common Firearms Act Constitutional Amendment on the ballot for 2020. Say what you will about that, and as an avid NFA collector I have my qualms, but it is way better than what we have now. With Knute, we can delay the insanity a couple years to get this thing in. With the grotesque Brownstain in office, two years will likely be two too late. Again, pick your poison.

The problem is, we are so hard looking at the left hand and with good cause, we fail to see what the right hand is actually doing..!:rolleyes:

Well Brown and Bueller have F ratings.

I better vote 3rd party!

Sadly, said by too many people.

A lot more Dems have returned ballots than Republicans.
Good thing the electoral keeps high population density from winning by popular vote, thats why theres only a .1% difference right now for totals. But yes more dems have turned in their ballots. Im sure some dems want kate out as well.

I got an email recently that statewide by county, Oregon has a higher percentage of Republican voters per county than Democrats. But the population in the few larger counties that include PDX, Eugene and Salem should nullify that. But the DNC are still pushing for every vote. I can't say for sure if the governor's race is counted by county or overall voter return.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top