JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, as long as we're goin' there, single stage, or 2 stage?
Preferably, something in the <$120 range.
They're known for their single stage and I recommend them. I just sold one of my used Genesis triggers for $140 so deals are out there.

I also REALLY enjoy my Centurion precision 2 stage. It's just a higher end Schmid with a different logo but with some additional polishing... I paid $50 for mine. 2 pound break, 2.5 pound first stage.

Because I actually kill stuff with my AR (instead of frightening tree stumps and junk washing machines while imagining I AM THE ONE who will be involved in an FBI--class gunfight tomorrow or the next day) I follow @Nosferatu 's sage advice and put a Timney trigger in my AR. Best improvement I've made to the gun, and suited perfectly for my intended purpose:

Killing.

1714567127823.jpeg

Because I actually kill stuff with my AR (instead of frightening tree stumps and junk washing machines while imagining I AM THE ONE who will be involved in an FBI--class gunfight tomorrow or the next day) I follow @Nosferatu 's sage advice and put a Timney trigger in my AR. Best improvement I've made to the gun, and suited perfectly for my intended purpose:

Killing.
Milspec triggers have been doing that for decades and don't have such a light pull that nerves/anxiety cause an unintended discharge... YMMV.

You might try the Geissele ACT. It's ~$80.
The ALG Defense ACT is just a Schmid nickel boron mim trigger. You can tell it's a Schmid by the 'S' marks on the hammer. There are a ton of gun companies slapping their name on these n' ACTing like they made it. Just get a WMD or PSA single stage for half the price. The WMD has a NiB-X disconnector. Similar to AR receivers, there's only a handful that make everyone's forged receivers; Aero, Anchor Harvey, Brass Aluminum Forgings, Cerro, PSA, BCA,..

Spikes, for example, doesn't make receivers and that's why they cost more than PSA and BCA. They pay the 3rd party vendor to put their name and logo on them and they make a profit. Spikes puts a big "MADE IN USA" billboard engraving on their bolt carriers but they use YFS fasteners that are made in Taiwan. Delton and BCA also use YFS fasteners.

ALG Defense ACT Advanced Combat Trigger

WMD $48.00

WMD $47.89

Last Edited:
The ALG Defense ACT is just a Schmid nickel boron mim trigger. You can tell it's a Schmid by the 'S' marks on the hammer. There are a ton of gun companies slapping their name on these n' ACTing like they made it. Just get a WMD or PSA single stage for half the price. The WMD has a NiB-X disconnector. Similar to AR receivers, there's only a handful that make everyone's forged receivers; Anchor Harvey, Brass Aluminum Forgings, Cerro, PSA, BCA,..

Spikes, for example, doesn't make receivers and that's why they cost more than PSA and BCA. Speaking of Spikes Tactical.. they have a big "MADE IN USA" billboard engraving on their bolt carriers but they use YFS fasteners that are made in Taiwan. Delton and BCA also use YFS fasteners.

ALG Defense ACT Advanced Combat Trigger

WMD $48.00

WMD $47.89
Holy acronyms Batman!

If you wanted to compare using actual data, Dvorak TriggerScan robotic testing data is available for most triggers. It measures travel, force required, and repeatability of the various stages of trigger operation.

Sample graph:

Larue_MBT_-_Stock-2754193.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews