JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do you Glock owners think of them? I have Ghost 4.5lb connectors for both my G22 and G43x, but can't seem to settle on keeping them one way or another. On one hand I like the smooth transition in the pull with the connector. On the other, I sometimes worry about the 'surprise' effect so I go back to having that hard wall drop off with the stock connector. I probably swap out every 6 months. Thoughts?

I've tried a bunch of them.
I hate the "Ghost" connectors (there are about 9 or 10 different ones) because they take out the "wall".
One long "moosh" of a trigger break. I like a wall.

My favorite connector is the genuine Glock "Minus" connector.
It's a "Glock controlled access" part so you have to dig around to find them.
Second favorite is the genuine Glock "Dot" connector.

4df10540-fe32-4984-9dc7-08f6e4c5531d-jpeg.jpg

I never mess with anything pertaining to the FCG or operation of my Glocks. I'll do mag upgrades, sights and minor detail stuff but, nothing to mess with function. They already work out of the box so, there's that. I've nothing against those who do though. Your Glock your money. :s0155:

I've tried a bunch of them.
I hate the "Ghost" connectors (there are about 9 or 10 different ones) because they take out the "wall".
One long "moosh" of a trigger break. I like a wall.

My favorite connector is the genuine Glock "Minus" connector.
It's a "Glock controlled access" part so you have to dig around to find them.
Second favorite is the genuine Glock "Dot" connector.

View attachment 1833056
Thanks for the tip. So the "minus' connector gives the lighter 4ish lb pull but keeps the wall is what it sounds like. I'll look into those.

I never mess with anything pertaining to the FCG or operation of my Glocks. I'll do mag upgrades, sights and minor detail stuff but, nothing to mess with function. They already work out of the box so, there's that. I've nothing against those who do though. Your Glock your money. :s0155:
Well..exactly!. Lol..that's why I keep putting the stock connector back in. It's hard to argue my firm stand on Glocks reliability after I've made aftermarket changes to the FCG. I'll look into the Glock brand "minus" and "dot" connectors. Thanks @HA556

Thanks for the tip. So the "minus' connector gives the lighter 4ish lb pull but keeps the wall is what it sounds like. I'll look into those.
Yes.
Let me know if you can't find one.

Also, the single component in a Glock that has the most influence on trigger break weight is the firing pin (striker) spring.
On a self defense gun, you want to leave those stock. Risk of light strikes.
My range guns are about 2lbs.

The "Slimline" Glocks like G43 ship with their own Minus connector.
I'm talking about Full size and Compact (G17, G19)

Yes.
Let me know if you can't find one.

Also, the single component in a Glock that has the most influence on trigger break weight is the firing pin (striker) spring.
On a self defense gun, you want to leave those stock. Risk of light strikes.
My range guns are about 2lbs.

The "Slimline" Glocks like G43 ship with their own Minus connector.
I'm talking about Full size and Compact (G17, G19)
Yeah I leave the rest of the FCG stock. I'm thinking I may just leave the 43x full stock since it's my CC, and go ahead and try the minus/dot glock connectors for the G22, which I usually just take to the range. I can deal with a misfire at the range. Does the 43x ship with it's own minus connector? Because it has a pretty hard break.

Yeah I leave the rest of the FCG stock. I'm thinking I may just leave the 43x full stock since it's my CC, and go ahead and try the minus/dot glock connectors for the G22, which I usually just take to the range. I can deal with a misfire at the range. Does the 43x ship with it's own minus connector? Because it has a pretty hard break.
Take it apart and see what's in there.

I am a fan of Genuine Glock on all the guts, period. With that being said, the "dot" and the "minus" connectors do as expected but you need to be very mindful of your sear engagement or you could end up :s0130:.

On my two carry Glocks or my Glocks setup for home defense, I install the 8lb connector.

I think a lighter trigger pull is great for range and target and competition shooting and I have a couple of Glocks setup with 3.5lb connectors. They are fun to shoot.

For self-defense, I go with the heavier trigger pull.

My reasoning is that in a high stress, adrenaline spiked situation, I want a heavier trigger pull on the first shot (not unlike the first trigger pull of a DA/SA pistol). Lighter pull can be more risky for an unintentional discharge - unless I train hours upon hours to adapt to that scenario - and I don't train like that.

A Google search will find credible people who ascribe to this strategy and explain it better than I can.

But, to each his own. You have to do what works or you.

TWYLALTR

Cheers.

Last Edited:
What do you Glock owners think of them? I have Ghost 4.5lb connectors for both my G22 and G43x, but can't seem to settle on keeping them one way or another. On one hand I like the smooth transition in the pull with the connector. On the other, I sometimes worry about the 'surprise' effect so I go back to having that hard wall drop off with the stock connector. I probably swap out every 6 months. Thoughts?
I have an early (2012) Ghost connector on my G22
has a smooth 3.5 lbs first stage, then a clean break at 5 lbs and an adjustable over travel tab
I like it better than the original Gen 4 trigger

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR