JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here ya go guys. Click on the link to watch the video of the PUBLIC HEARING for:

HB 1143 and HB 1240

Mar 23rd, 2023

HB 1143 " License requirements to buy guns "

And

HB 1240 " Assault weapons ban "

Scheduled for PUBLIC HEARING in the Senate Committee on Law & Justice
On March 23rd, 2023 at 8:00 AM (Subject to change). (Committee Materials)

Senate Law & Justice - TVW

Link to HB 1143
Washington State Legislature

Link to HB 1240

(The public hearing and testimony for both these bills will be on the same day and at the same hearing on March 23rd, at 8am at the Link i posted for the live real time hearing.)

Hope this helps

Also feel free to copy this and repost it anywhere that it will help. 👍

Last Edited:
Thank you for the links, I did both but also did the same when opposing the mag ban just one year ago.
These criminals ignored the highest court in the land just to introduce these laws, doubt they give two sheets about what I have to say.

Here ya go guys. Click on the link to watch the video of the PUBLIC HEARING for:

HB 1143 and HB 1240

Mar 23rd, 2023

HB 1143 " License requirements to buy guns "

And

HB 1240 " Assault weapons ban "

Scheduled for PUBLIC HEARING in the Senate Committee on Law & Justice
On March 23rd, 2023 at 8:00 AM (Subject to change). (Committee Materials)

Senate Law & Justice - TVW

Link to HB 1143

Link to HB 1240

(The public hearing and testimony for both these bills will be on the same day and at the same hearing on March 23rd, at 8am at the Link i posted for the live real time hearing.)

Hope this helps

Also feel free to copy this and repost it anywhere that it will help. 👍
What does "public hearing" mean? Does it mean simply that it will be televised? Or will there be an opportunity for the public to comment?

Would it make any impact to show up at the capitol and make clear our opposition in a way that would make it difficult for the media to portray it as dangerous and wacko?

We need to make it clear to these senators and also the representatives who voted for HB1240 that they have crossed the line and we will now be contributing our time and money to make sure they do not get reelected without having to at least answer for their unconstitutional actions.

I feel like we should be DOING something besides writing to our representatives (which I have done).

This, is our Alamo! This is the BIG stand. Stand up and be heard loudly! Don't give up, don't give in!

SHB 1240 – Semi Automatic Gun Ban hearing is scheduled!

Senate Democrats are defying the SCOTUS Bruen decision, like the failing laws in NJ, NY, Il, CA, MD.

Wasting your state resources, time and money, to pass an unconstitutional ban on semi automatic rifles, pistols, shotguns and parts!!! They KNOW they won't win in courts, but don't care.

Dear Senators, Stop the virtue signaling and get to work reducing criminal activity.

Log into the hearing today, DO NOT WAIT!!!! Sign in "CON" or leave written testimony. Send to everyone! Like and share, TAG your friends, your gun shops, your ranges.

CRITICAL UPDATE: Log into the State Senate hearing. the mail emails from NRA, GOA and others DO NOT record in the hearing...are they helpful, sure...for sending you donation requests. Log into the hearings with the links provided below.

Link to the hearing log in page, opposed = "con" https://tinyurl.com/2d7w7xmn

Link to the hearing log in "leave written testimony" https://tinyurl.com/yck3ejak

(Be polite please, represent firearm owners professionally with respect, but a firm NO)
View attachment 1384604
done

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews