JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got 212g ELDX through the same rifle and they shoot great, sub .75". I've also got 200g ELDX shooting sub .5". Don't really know why I want to load another bullet, maybe I'm board. What you guys think? Should I make another load for the 300PRC or stick with what I know will shoot great.

200-300 yard bullets Noslers are. I trust the ELDX at long range but really weary of close range with em. So do I bring a different bullet or another gun for short range?
You afraid of them blowing apart? I've had several customers have good luck with the eldx's at closer ranges... Stay with the heavy bullets, also helps keep the velocity down.
I assume you're hunting Elk?

Not the boat tails, bullet core/jacket concentricity maybe. I've had great luck with many boat tail bullets. Muzzle brakes can play havoc with boat tails
I have two Brownings with muzzle breaks on them and I hope I don't start having problems. I love how the Recoil Hawg sucks out the recoil of the 300 prc. I have not made any bug holes with it but I have had some .5" groups with Hornady outfitter ammunition and my own reloads. If I took off the muzzle break and recoil was not an issue, do you think my groups would be smaller?

I started with silver tips and corloks, and thought them worthy ,but soon, found Noslers Consistent Terminal performance had garnered my preference for Nosler since it came prevalent to the market.
Since I've been a one shot hunter, retrieving unused pristine rounds from the violent banging in the magazine (due to at the time) polycarbonate tips cinched my respect for reuse durability. Having repeated terminal performance over several different calibers, / weights, on for a large selection of body weight range regardless of distance, could not help but make me an unofficial ambassador not to mention the pride of them being an Oregon company. (lost the oregon pride part now)
I've used many Hornady bullets. Absolutely no disparaging words of any kind, not even with brass reuse. Bragging rights are definitely deserved beyond the limits of my personal shooting range for sure, but many decades of personal history with Nosler, never a disappointment, always a one shot kill will keep me in their camp till the end of either of us,
Specifically to the 180 gr. After decades of handloading for the .270, I dropped the 180 from my line since I found the 150gr took the mightiest elk to their knees every time while 130. dropped all else below them in stature with great style.

I have two Brownings with muzzle breaks on them and I hope I don't start having problems. I love how the Recoil Hawg sucks out the recoil of the 300 prc. I have not made any bug holes with it but I have had some .5" groups with Hornady outfitter ammunition and my own reloads. If I took off the muzzle break and recoil was not an issue, do you think my groups would be smaller?
Possibly yes, The high velocity gas escaping out around the base as it leaves trends to push it off if things aren't perfectly concentric and true...
Flat base bullets are usually more accurate, however long range performance suffers so as to why they are not popular. If you're only concerned with close range work I would suggest a heavy strong flat base bullet and keep the brake on.
Recoil of those big cannons can be discouraging.

I started with silver tips and corloks, and thought them worthy ,but soon, found Noslers Consistent Terminal performance had garnered my preference for Nosler since it came prevalent to the market.
Since I've been a one shot hunter, retrieving unused pristine rounds from the violent banging in the magazine (due to at the time) polycarbonate tips cinched my respect for reuse durability. Having repeated terminal performance over several different calibers, / weights, on for a large selection of body weight range regardless of distance, could not help but make me an unofficial ambassador not to mention the pride of them being an Oregon company. (lost the oregon pride part now)
I've used many Hornady bullets. Absolutely no disparaging words of any kind, not even with brass reuse. Bragging rights are definitely deserved beyond the limits of my personal shooting range for sure, but many decades of personal history with Nosler, never a disappointment, always a one shot kill will keep me in their camp till the end of either of us,
Specifically to the 180 gr. After decades of handloading for the .270, I dropped the 180 from my line since I found the 150gr took the mightiest elk to their knees every time while 130. dropped all else below them in stature with great style.
Thank you. This is just what I needed to hear to up my confidence in the bullet and coming up with a load for it.

I agree with your beliefs on performance of Nosler bullets, that's why I've tried to make them work over the years...
However my past business work and hobbies were primarily focusing on long range perfection and performance, usually competition and tactical applications.
As far as hunting is concerned, typical ranges and to some extent average shooters ability... They work just fine and dandy. The O.P. seemed concerned with accuracy so... Just my opinion

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups in Oregon and Washington. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

1713465795483.png

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews