JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I just fired off an e-mail to my house rep. (Val Hoyle) and my Senator (Chris Edwards). I put a little twist in my e-mail to them. In addition to my explanations of why I felt the bill was terribly written, I asked them not to make me a "victim" of bad policies. I explained how an everyday person, who enjoys firearms legally, would become a victim and a criminal at the bang of a gavel. If all these anti-gun groups are saying give victims a vote, then I want my vote as being a victim of poorly written bills and policies. See, I can play the victim card too.

Just contacted every one on the list with this email:
Reguarding:House Bill 3200
I, xxxxxxxxxxxxx of Marion County, Oregon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Salem, Or 97317
Do request thoughtful consideration of the rights put before you and me by our forefathers, and the
reason that we have any freedom at all.

"US Constitution, Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms,
shall not be infringed."
"Oregon Constitution Section 27:
Right to Bear Arms; Military Subordinate to Civil Power
The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defense [sic] of themselves, and the State,
but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power[.]"

Please explain to me the way that militia can be formed with no armament.
ar·ma·ment
Noun1. Military weapons and equipment: "chemical weapons and other unconventional armaments".2. The process of equipping military forces for war.

Synonymsarming - arms - weaponry

The freedom that you and I so greatly love was won with the blood and weapons that only a FREE state can possess.

Please know that this House Bill 3200 violates any understanding of the 2 Amendment rights. Therefore I implore you and your
cosponsors to vote against this bill.

Hope that gets some attention

How many times have I heard they don't want to take my guns?

Adding checks that sound like unreasonable searches is a nice touch. Shows true concern for the rights of the people. Maybe they should take a few minutes and read the US and Oregon Constitutions.

How many times have I heard they don't want to take my guns?

Adding checks that sound like unreasonable searches is a nice touch. Shows true concern for the rights of the people. Maybe they should take a few minutes and read the US and Oregon Constitutions.

They dont care about any rights. They want some pour sap to snap & pull a adam lanza so they can claim a need to further their irrational behaviour & agenda. Dont let something as dumb as this get to you. They're just being dumb & useless like usual.

Here's what I sent to all the sponsors:

HB 3200 bans virtually all modern firearms. It even allows the police to search my home with no warrant!

Never have I seen a piece of legislation that was more a product of hatred and ignorance than HB 3200. This bill bans things that don't even exist.

If this bill becomes law I WILL NOT COMPLY, and my sheriff will not enforce it. You can also look forward to being blamed for the costly lawsuits that are sure to follow.

Please be aware that despite the fact that I can't vote against you for re-election to your present office, due to your actions in this matter I can support whoever runs against you with my $100 political donation tax credit. I will advise everyone I know or have contact with on social media to do likewise.

I strongly urge you to rethink your support and sponsorship of HB 3200, or any other bill that mindlessly attacks the rights of the people.

When these people run for office next time, be sure to give your $100 political donation, which you can claim as a credit on your state taxes, to their opponent, and let them know that you did. If just 1000 of us did so, that's a $100,000 donation to their opponent.

They dont care about any rights. They want some pour sap to snap & pull a adam lanza so they can claim a need to further their irrational behaviour & agenda. Dont let something as dumb as this get to you. They're just being dumb & useless like usual.

I'm quite aware they don't care.

God I hope this does die...I have used the auto mailer from OFF and contacted all my firearm friends to do the same.

IF...IF...this insane bill did pass...well...time to leave Oregon. How is Idaho? :) Maybe Washington!

I'm getting tired of the continual and unrelenting assault on our constitutional rights... A lot of people do stupid things when they're exhausted and I'm afraid there are some people out there reaching that point.

How handy, it declares an emergency on passing. Extra powers for the state.

Hell, they even included .22 rifle tube magazines over 10 rounds and lever actions. (Section 2, D, 5a-c)

The bill itself doesn't declare any emergency. The reps. are declaring a public safety emergency in the bill which allows it to take effect the instant it is passed, if it is passed. We had a similar bill in Wa. however they didn't try and limit us to one "assault weapon". This bill you guys have down there is an outright travesty against the constitution.

I wrote a 2 page letter and I'm mailing copies to my state senator, state representative, the governor, US representative, and US senators. I'm done doing the "instant-gratification" and auto send messages, I'll write my own coherent arguments. We need to "break the peanut with a sledgehammer."

The 'assault rifle' definition pretty much includes every single automatic "traditional hunting style" rifle, due to the "shroud" section. The definition from Section 2 (1) (a) (A) (iv):

"A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel;"

Shroud means basically anything that protects. The "or that partially or completely encircles the barrel" also applies to that pretty wooden stock that sits under the barrel. And since it's not a slide, my simpleton brains leads me to interpret it as just anything around the barrel that you can hold and shields you from heat coming from the barrel. The forward part of the stock does just that.

Then 2 subsections up, number (ii) states:

"Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;"

That makes any rifle capable accepting a sling at the front an assault weapon too. Why? Just google the "Hawkins position", also described in Jeff Cooper's "The Art of the Rifle".

Sure, this all sounds like some exotic explanations, but people get burned in court over these types of things on a daily basis.

So yes, this bill is one that can also be used to disarm the hunting population. It's called an 'assault rifle' but it actually also includes those guns used in the "strong traditions of hunting and sportsmanship" that Dems claim to support.

Personally I believe that any politician who tries to attack the constitution should be tried for treason. Also since they have an apparent lack for support for the constitution they took an oath to uphold, they should not benefit from any of the legal protection granted within the constitution.

He's a state rep and you believe him?? I'm not knocking you, remember these people can talk out of both sides of their mouth at once. Its just more fuel for the fire, if they even get ONE of these items out of the whole list, its something, WE LOOSE. Come voting time, there should be a complete list of who started this, and anyone who helped to design it. Then, get them voted out once and for all.

I didn't say I believed them, just telling you what they said. I have sent numerous emails over the last few months and have been at BOTH gun rallys at the Capitol and will continue to call, write, bubblegum and protest until this stuff stops.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top