JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not a very good feeling having someone sitting outside your home is it? Just like your evil fascist anti-gun bill would do to EVERY SINGLE law-abiding, peaceful owner of targeted firearms with your in-home "safety inspections".

You aren't a dictator, you aren't the POTUS, VPOTUS, or the Gov. surrounded by willing security-goons. We will NOT forget the names of those who advocate for and attempt to legislate our liberties away unto slavery and oppression... We will NOT forgive.

We're not intimidated either, you clueless, dopey cow.

HB 3200 By Representative GREENLICK; Representatives BAILEY, BUCKLEY, DEMBROW, FREDERICK, KENY-GUYER, READ, REARDON, TOMEI, Senators BURDICK, DINGFELDER, HASS, MONNES ANDERSON, MONROE, SHIELDS, STEINER HAYWARD -- Relating to firearms; declaring an emergency.

2-22(H) First reading. Referred to Speaker's desk.
2-27 Referred to Judiciary with subsequent referral to Ways and Means.

Oregon State Legislature - Bills and Laws

Does anyone know the actual status of this bill ? Or is it just hurry up and wait. Where can someone find the Judiciary Meeting minutes ?

HB 3200 By Representative GREENLICK; Representatives BAILEY, BUCKLEY, DEMBROW, FREDERICK, KENY-GUYER, READ, REARDON, TOMEI, Senators BURDICK, DINGFELDER, HASS, MONNES ANDERSON, MONROE, SHIELDS, STEINER HAYWARD -- Relating to firearms; declaring an emergency.

2-22(H) First reading. Referred to Speaker's desk.
2-27 Referred to Judiciary with subsequent referral to Ways and Means.

Oregon State Legislature - Bills and Laws

Does anyone know the actual status of this bill ? Or is it just hurry up and wait. Where can someone find the Judiciary Meeting minutes ?

It's been referred to House Judiciary, where it won't get a hearing. And that's that.

I THINK that any bill that comes out of committee is referred to ways and means with a recommendation of yes or no. This says that it is still in the judiciary: <broken link removed> My understanding is that a working committee must also be formed.

Edit: Here I am trying to research and figure this out and you post the right answer - LOL. Thanks modeler614. I'm a first timer with actually tracking legislation so a little slow.

Referred to Judiciary with subsequent referral to Ways and Means.

here is a list of the W&M committee.

Ways and Means

Membership:
Sen. Richard Devlin, Co-Chair
Rep. Peter Buckley, Co-Chair
Sen. Betsy Johnson, Co-Vice Chair
Rep. Nancy Nathanson, Co-Vice Chair
Rep. Dennis Richardson, Co-Vice Chair
Sen. Alan Bates
Sen. Chris Edwards
Sen. Fred Girod
Sen. Bill Hansell
Sen. Rod Monroe
Sen. Elizabeth Steiner Hayward
Sen. Chuck Thomsen
Sen. Doug Whitsett
Sen. Jackie Winters
Rep. Jeff Barker
Rep. Lew Frederick
Rep. Tim Freeman
Rep. Bruce Hanna
Rep. John Huffman
Rep. Bob Jenson
Rep. Betty Komp
Rep. Mike McLane
Rep. Tobias Read
Rep. Greg Smith
Rep. Carolyn Tomei
Rep. Jennifer Williamson

Edit: Here I am trying to research and figure this out and you post the right answer - LOL. Thanks modeler614. I'm a first timer with actually tracking legislation so a little slow.

I do what I can. This is my first year paying attention too, my advantage is that I have connections that I can go to to ask questions and understand the process and the present state of things.

I just received a letter from a House Judiciary member saying that he believes it won't make it out of committee. However, he also stresses that it's important that we continue to share our opinions with committee members.

Yep. I doubt it will even make it out of committee. The most pressing fight will be next week's Senate Judiciary meeting on some of the other anti-gun bills. Submit testimony if you can't make it in person!

Last Edited:
Oregon gun debate will heat up next week in Legislature

When it comes to the red-hot issue of gun violence, President Barack Obama was in the spotlight Thursday trying to raise public pressure on Congress to act.*

Meanwhile, in the Oregon Legislature, Sen. Floyd Prozanski, D-Eugene, *scheduled a long-awaited hearing for Friday, April 5 to consider four bills that would tighten the state's gun laws.

Prozanski has already said he isn't interested in proceeding with the most controversial bills introduced in the wake of the Clackamas mall and Newtown, Conn., shootings: bans on military-style semi-automatic rifles and on large-capacity gun magazines.

However, Prozanski did schedule an 8:30 a.m. hearing *-- and potential work session -- on four bills, including one that would expand the state's background checks to cover private gun transfers.*

He also revealed that he was backing off a proposal to ban concealed handgun licenses from bringing guns into the Capitol. *Instead, he said he wants to consider an amendment that would require that the firearms "be completely concealed from view."

Regulating firearms is an emotional topic and Prozanski is clearly expecting heat. *In a press release, he said: “I intend to conduct a civil, orderly and respectful hearing in accordance with the Rules of the Senate."

Here's a run-down of the four bills, along with a look at some of the amendments he said he intends to offer:

BACKGROUND CHECKS: Prozanski said he is considering rewritten version of Senate Bill 700, which expands the use of background checks. *Now the state requires them for sales by a licensed gun dealer and that occur at a gun show.

The bill would exempt transfers made between family members, and Prozanski's amendment would spell out just which family members would be exempt *from background checks (for example, he also includes spouses of siblings, children, etc.). * However, a person would not be able to legally transfer a gun to a family member prohibited by law from possessing a firearm.

*In addition, the amendment says background checks could be made directly by a seller or through a willing gun dealer, who can charge a fee.

GUNS IN SCHOOLS: Senate Bill 347 would prohibit concealed handgun licensees from carrying guns into schools, as they are now allowed to do -- unless a school district decided to opt out of the law.

Prozanski proposes to amend the bill to allow school districts to set up storage lockers that gun owners could use while they are on school grounds. *He said that some permit holders told him they did not want to leave their guns in their vehicles for fear they could be stolen.

CAPITOL GUNS: As noted above Senate Bill 699 would prohibit concealed handgun licensees from bringing guns into the Capitol -- unless they had the permission of the legislative administrator.

Prozanski wants to amend it to allow licensees to carry guns into the Capitol as long as they are completely concealed. *He also proposes to extend this bill to other public buildings where concealed permit holders can carry guns.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION SB 347 AND THE FINAL REPORT OF THE SAFE SCHOOLS INITIATIVE: SCHOOL ATTACKS IN THE USA DEVELOPED BY THE US SECRET SERVICE AND THE US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATIONS (2002). This 60 page document was very nicely developed and very fair in its' conclusions. The findings would surprise the reader but the report cites that only about 15 % of school shootings/gun violence is STOPPED by law enforcement while the balance is stopped by school personnel and civilians. If I recall page 27 and 32 hold the key findings. Their findings are not favorable for the antis.

The decision to not arm either school staff, have police on site, or chl's implicates that the police are "minutes" away. In the case of
adam lanza he killed 20 odd number of children in 5 minutes before he suicided. The polce then showed up. Anyone going to the hearing on the school safety issues wouold benefit from reading this very nice piece of work.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION SB 347 AND THE FINAL REPORT OF THE SAFE SCHOOLS INITIATIVE: SCHOOL ATTACKS IN THE USA DEVELOPED BY THE US SECRET SERVICE AND THE US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATIONS (2002). This 60 page document was very nicely developed and very fair in its' conclusions. The findings would surprise the reader but the report cites that only about 15 % of school shootings/gun violence is STOPPED by law enforcement while the balance is stopped by school personnel and civilians. If I recall page 27 and 32 hold the key findings. Their findings are not favorable for the antis.

The decision to not arm either school staff, have police on site, or chl's implicates that the police are "minutes" away. In the case of
adam lanza he killed 20 odd number of children in 5 minutes before he suicided. The polce then showed up. Anyone going to the hearing on the school safety issues wouold benefit from reading this very nice piece of work.

I wasn't able to find the report on a web search. Could you provide a link to it?

Last Edited:
I wasn't able to find the report on a web search. Could you provide a link to it?

Prevention of School Attacks in the United States. United States Secret Service and the United States Department of Education by Bryan Vossekull, Director, et. al., Washington DC, May 2002. That should do it and....

Here you go:

www.secretservice.gov/ntac/ssi_final_report.pdf

I think this is a very good read.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR