JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A free informational class includes the things you need to know to shoot responsibly on public land.

Poster 1 Pub 2 500 small.jpg

Where to shoot?
What to shoot?
How to be legal?
Are there any rules?
Can I shoot milk jugs and propane tanks?
Group shooting & sharing.
Etiquette.
Ethics.
Basic firearms safety rules.
Fire/public/personal safety.
What's at stake and how does that effect the next generation?
and more...

"Stewardship in Recreational Shooting"
Trash No Land Home

Last Edited:
actually it goes to Facebook then Facebook asks to redirect the person to your website. But the first stop was definitely Facebook....
That is weird. It takes me to the TNL website home page. Nothing in the link has anything to do with FB. How would that work?

That is weird. It takes me to the TNL website home page. Nothing in the link has anything to do with FB. How would that work?
Okay, I inspected the link and found the embeded code did have a reference to FB. How in the world did that get there? So, I deleted the original link and entered the correct one. Very strange!

Thanks for letting me know guys!

thats probably because you were logged into Facebook when you copy/pasted the link. I'm not an IT person, but have experienced similar problems copy/pasting links I got from within other websites. Facebook doesn't want people to leave their site...

Sorry, I tried the link, But, I refuse to belong to FB.

The Zuck sucks!

Aloha, Mark
The worst thing about facebook is finding out how willfully ignorant your extended family and their friends are by skimming over their inane posts. Anyways, I am interested in volunteering to clean up our once beautiful land. I have volunteered for SOLVE in the past.

Anyways, I am interested in volunteering to clean up our once beautiful land. I have volunteered for SOLVE in the past.
Thanks, Jason. Keep and eye on our Events page for current events. I usually post cleanup events about 2-4 weeks in advance. For a list of the whole summer schedule, view the Calendar. (Next one will be in Yacolt Burn, April 7th. I'm pretty sure we'll have that one just up the L1600 from Jones Creek Trail Head parking lot.)

Looking forward to meeting you soon!

Bill

I had a DNR officer cut me some slack many years ago and I haven't broke the rules since.

Granted it wasn't serious as I was shooting at other peoples trash but he was upset I didn't have any targets and when I told him there is always trash here to shoot we both acknowledged that to be an issue.

I had a DNR officer cut me some slack many years ago and I haven't broke the rules since.

Granted it wasn't serious as I was shooting at other peoples trash but he was upset I didn't have any targets and when I told him there is always trash here to shoot we both acknowledged that to be an issue.
They are generally pretty good guys up there and mostly write warnings, however, it could get ugly depending on the shooters attitude or it they are shooting recklessly or dumping & shooting (hard to catch that in the act).

DNR Police will be at the class helping me with some of the info. Good guy, Officer Essman.

Walk-in welcome. No pre-registration needed. Some day I'll get around to doing a registration form online and direct people to do that. Gotta find the time to figure that out.

Thanks!

Preserving the privilege of recreation on public lands, for our future generations, begins with teaching our children by being the example of responsibility. They will watch, learn and, one day, will remember.

As they grow older, some of their most impressionable memories will be of the times spent with mom and dad in the woods camping, hunting, hiking, target practice and more. They will have a foundation in the values of quality recreation, the meaning of sportsmanship and the importance of stewardship and they will desire the same for their children.

The younger generation is encouraged and invited to attend this informational class. It is another opportunity for you to teach by example. And one day, they will pass it on to their children.

Sat, March 24 at 2 PM!

eventcover.jpg

The first one starts in Warshington. After that, it will be in Orygun. Thanks for the interest, kmk!

Information Classes: "Target Shooting on Public Lands"

March 24 Sportsman's Warehouse, Vancouver:

May 26 Sportsman's Warehouse, Clackamas:

July 28 Sportsman's Warehouse, Hillsboro:

Sept 15 Cabela's:

Roger that, I guess I'll wait about a month. Thank you for getting the word out. We need more people educated and "policing" public lands. This is the reason I gave up shooting on public land, tired of drunkards and trashy types, driving an hour plus just to find out every place is taken.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top