JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They don't need a occupancy permit.

(1)

Except as expressly authorized by state statute, the authority to regulate in any matter whatsoever the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition, is vested solely in the Legislative Assembly.

(2)

Except as expressly authorized by state statute, no county, city or other municipal corporation or district may enact civil or criminal ordinances, including but not limited to zoning ordinances, to regulate, restrict or prohibit the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition. Ordinances that are contrary to this subsection are void. [1995 s.s. c.1 §1]

As far as the occupancy permit, thats a pretty bold statement that you can't back up. If you can please share your proof.
That's strictly a WAG. Maybe the owner has a ton of money to burn, or maybe it's just a big write off, and that's all he needs it to be.

And the permit comment is funny, cause when I was in back in Feb, the owner said he had all the permits signed off already.

Last Edited:
They don't have anyone to build it. And the employees are just relaying what they've been told.

But ask yourself, why are they still on a "soft opening" months later with no outdoor signage? Seems if you're trying to start a business, in a building that size $$$, you've got to actually sell something more than a couple boxes of ammo and a few transfers. Why aren't they plastering their name all over the place to try and get business into the gun store, regardless of the status of the range. Are they trying to stay under someone's radar? Maybe no occupancy permit cause building isn't complete?
kellys-heroes-oddball-Negitive-Waves.gif

I got no dog in this fight, but I'd like to hear from Wooster Armory's owner(s) directly. I tagged them in a previous post, hopefully they will see it and post up a response to the recent concerns being brought up.

Stopped by today. The store is open and they are getting some stock in. Was told the "lane" range is opening late September. "Tactical" to follow.

Threat dynamics alienated me a lot by charging me $10 for an ammo inspection fee. They didn't even inspect my ammo, they asked if i had my own, i said yeah, then they said ok cool. And they didnt even tell me there would be a fee, it was added on my bill and i only noticed after i asked for a breakdown of the receipt. The lane is overpriced too at $30. So for just me, with my own stuff to shoot for an hour, it cost me $40. Way too expensive. They know they are the only range in the area and it shows.
Threat dynamics is trash

I stopped by quite a few times, everyone there was extremely nice and went out of their way to talk to me. They have quite a few guns in stock, so worth a trip for that alone. Sounds like range is set for Sept/Oct, and they also have a gunsmith that will be up and running soon. It has to be hard to open a new business, so I am wishing them good luck, I really hope they stick around!

Now I gotta ask... I dont buy ammo anymore and just shoot my reloads. Will this be allowed? Will there be a fee to shoot your own ammo??? Can the brass be picked up?

And a big question, why should I come to your range with all those potential restriction and pay for it while I can be in the woods in 40min? Legit question, what will set you apart from other ranges?

...And a big question, why should I come to your range with all those potential restriction and pay for it while I can be in the woods in 40min? Legit question, what will set you apart from other ranges?
Great point!

We have an indoor club in town with 24/7 access (excluding when events are scheduled).

Pistol caliber handguns only. Considering joining this fall because of our goofy schedules & our outdoor club is only open to sunset.

Unlikely such would be a possible up that way, but some type of extended scheduling may be a draw for folks. After work, before work kinda thing.

Now I gotta ask... I dont buy ammo anymore and just shoot my reloads. Will this be allowed? Will there be a fee to shoot your own ammo??? Can the brass be picked up?

And a big question, why should I come to your range with all those potential restriction and pay for it while I can be in the woods in 40min? Legit question, what will set you apart from other ranges?
See post 12, 13, and 14 :)

Now I gotta ask... I dont buy ammo anymore and just shoot my reloads. Will this be allowed? Will there be a fee to shoot your own ammo??? Can the brass be picked up? ...
Looks like they are copying SafeFire's rules almost to the letter excepting being more restrictive on bump / binary triggers and rapid fire.

SafeFire does not care how fast you fire or if you want to mag dump, as long as you keep all shots under control and on the target.

Ok 12, 13, 14.... if you are open 24/7 with keycard, who does the ammo inspections then at 3am...4am..... 11pm?

Regarding pricing, what turns me off specifically is a range rental fee to be paid even if you are a member. Thats math that dont add up for me.

Last Edited:
Ok 12, 13, 14.... if you are open 24/7 with keycard, who does the ammo inspections then at 3am...4am..... 11pm?

Regarding pricing, what turns me off specifically is a range rental fee to be paid even if you are a member. Thats math that dont add up for me.

I'm assuming if you're a VIP member they're gonna trust you to not bring ammo that isn't allowed (or you'll sign something saying you won't). And if they find it they're be able to figure out which VIP guest were using it.

Where did you get the range rental fee to be paid even for members part? Did I miss something?

I'm assuming if you're a VIP member they're gonna trust you to not bring ammo that isn't allowed (or you'll sign something saying you won't). And if they find it they're be able to figure out which VIP guest were using it.

Where did you get the range rental fee to be paid even for members part? Did I miss something?
Its common on other indoor ranges, that even if you are a member, you have to pay a rangefee everytime you go in and use it. I do t know if they will have that, hopefully not!?

Its common on other indoor ranges, that even if you are a member, you have to pay a rangefee everytime you go in and use it. I do t know if they will have that, hopefully not!?
That's something I didn't know. I've only ever been a member at the outdoor range clubs which are just an annual or monthly fee. I'm hoping it's just a membership fee and doesn't have a usage fee every time you go.

Rules, fees, etc are still being decided. Our goal is to be more affordable and accommodating than our competition. As far as the "restrictions", everything is still being discussed.

To answer your question, convenience. Spending $15-25 in gas to drive 40 mins to stand in 30 degree rain or spend a few dollars more to shoot in a climate controlled environment that's right around the corner. Indoor ranges are not for everyone, that we all agree on. However, if you are pressed for time and just want to have a quick shoot or sight something in, we will be there for you.

Last Edited:
I will be glad to have the option. Will it cover all of my shooting needs? Obviously not, but no indoor range can… but if I wanna try out a new carry ammo in one of my pistols and the quarry in the state forest is under 3 feet of snow for months (as seems to be the case every year), it would be nice to have somewhere to go do that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top