JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Hilarious.
What their army may lack in quality is made up in volume.
They have the largest army in the world and a population over 4x larger than ours.
Ok dude.
I apologize for not being sufficiently scared of this country.
2500.jpg

2 million active personnel for People's Liberation Army (Chinese); 510,000 reserve personnel, unknown # available for service (maybe more than US?)

1.3 million active personnel for the US military; 799,500 reserve; 15 million eligible/available for service (Selective Service draft, inactive since 1973 though)

3.6 guns per 100 persons estimated for China.

120.5 guns per 100 persons estimated for US.

I'd say we're pretty good. The last time the US fought the Chinese in Korea... pretty sure we forced them to give up on taking South Korea.. and showed them the error of human wave attacks.

With respect to the video in the original post, didn't click. On the topic of civil wars, however, I can't recommend enough George Orwell's Homage to Catalonia (Secker and Warburg, 1938).

2 million active personnel for People's Liberation Army (Chinese); 510,000 reserve personnel, unknown # available for service (maybe more than US?)

1.3 million active personnel for the US military; 799,500 reserve; 15 million eligible/available for service (Selective Service draft, inactive since 1973 though)

I'd say we're pretty good. The last time the US fought the Chinese in Korea... pretty sure we forced them to give up on taking South Korea.. and showed them the error of human wave attacks.
As I recall, we effectively lost that one or called it a draw. I am reasonably certain not only that their military are well armed, that WMDs would be widely deployed. But you omitted the context where the subject was raised, in the event of a US civil war making the effective call up or deployment of US military questionable.

raf,750x1000,075,t,101010_01c5ca27c6.jpg

I recall in the miniseries "Jericho" where there was a US civil war and Texas was an independent third nation. Really interesting premise in that mini series with some excellent acting (major dad actor Sol from the movie snatch) and some not so great acting. Kind of a soap opera feel to it which is too bad. They set off nukes in key cities as part of a coup and there was a virus that large corporations controlled the vaccine for. I think it was made in 2003ish.

Small remote town had to reconstruct itself basically after being cut off from outside world after the nukes, all the while not knowing what was going on in the country or why.

Despite the shortcomings all the stuff you might see in a SHTF scenario is there, no communications, food, power. People trying to survive, maintain order etc. flipping intense show as I recall.
Thanks… needed something new to me to watch. 2006

How are they going to get over here, pogo sticks? They don't have that capability.
Thats the rub. They might have a big army but even if you have 10,000 troops on a ship once the first one lands the other 9000 troop ships are going be sunk where they float . Its not even remotely possible for a large foreign army to invade the US fast enough to make it work . Geography is a great big equalizer.

Thanks… needed something new to me to watch. 2006
Ah 2006 thx. I remember they had a writer's strike at the very end so the last 2? Episodes are complete crap, as in hilariously so. Some other shows made in the same time period suffered the same problem. If it wasn't for the strike I think they would have made more seasons of it. I know lots of people were vocal about it ending abruptly.

As I recall, we effectively lost that one or called it a draw. I am reasonably certain not only that their military are well armed, that WMDs would be widely deployed. But you omitted the context where the subject was raised, in the event of a US civil war making the effective call up or deployment of US military questionable.
Just saying nothings gonna galvanize the US people as fast as a foreign army trying to invade through Alaska and Canada or through Mexico

U.S., Republic of Korea (ROK), and various U.N. units had advanced deep into North Korea in an attempt to destroy any remaining North Korean People's Army (NKPA) units and reunite Korea under one government. Some units had even reached the Yalu River, which separated Korea from Communist China.

But just as U.N. forces launched what was hoped to be the final offensive, hundreds of thousands of Communist Chinese soldiers poured into Korea, overwhelming the U.N. troops and completely changing the nature of the war. Fighting in extreme cold and over rugged terrain, the Americans and their allies were forced to retreat south down the Korean peninsula, suffering heavy casualties along the way.

For one U.S. Army unit, the intervention of Chinese Communist Forces (CCF) resulted in absolute disaster. The 31st Regimental Combat Team, better known as Task Force MacLean (later known as Task Force Faith), comprised of elements of the 7th Infantry Division, was virtually annihilated east of the Chosin Reservoir. The experiences of the American soldiers who fought and died in the frigid cold of the Chosin area proved to be some of the most harrowing and tragic in the history of the U.S. Army.

I did tree work for a guy who was at Chosin reservoir , old dude was still tough as nails , said he was on half - track .50 cal and ran out of ammo , he didn't expect to make it out .

Besides... i honestly think the Chinese wants the US to stay "united", lest they lose their cash flow and dumping grounds for their crap. Intervene as "peacekeepers"? They're probably afraid to do so given how brutal civilians can be when given free reign (look at crime stats for all the gang activities :s0140: ) to shoot everyone that's not American... I mean think about it. If a civil war breaks out within the US, forget about lawfully following NFA and gun control laws. Forget about the ATF raids, they're gonna be too busy making sure the Capitol area doesn't get reduced to rubble and mass killings from irate American citizens over each other. There'll be millions of unregistered weapons readily made and turned on. That's just until ammunition stops being made. Then comes the reloaders being raided for supplies... and that's if ammunition plamts aren't nationalized or taken control by States...

Status

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top