JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Yeah, but at least "Howard the Duck" had Lea Thompson to look at amongst all the silliness.
I knew I was beginning to get older when Lea Thompson started getting cast in mom roles in movies. I was like, "Oh bubblegum, it's happening!" That and hearing some music I used to listen to as a teenager in the supermarket.

Saw some comments in a certain subreddit claiming that Texas is one of the poorest States in the US, and that it absolutely needs California :s0140: while conveniently leaving out the massive debt that CA has, and the fact it depends on the other Western States (Oregon, WA, Idaho, Colorado, Montana) for water from Colorado, Columbia, Willamette/Santiam and Snake rivers...
Water from the Colorado and Klamath. Power from all of them.

Saw some comments in a certain subreddit claiming that Texas is one of the poorest States in the US, and that it absolutely needs California :s0140: while conveniently leaving out the massive debt that CA has, and the fact it depends on the other Western States (Oregon, WA, Idaho, Colorado, Montana) for water from Colorado, Columbia, Willamette/Santiam and Snake rivers...
:D ya kali is too poor to fight a war unless someone else finances it. Plus they can't buy ammo without a background check so someone will have to supply ammo.

Nahhh kali won't be in a civil war but they have learned to live outdoors.

Well by GDP, NY, CA, Texas are the 3 biggest economies in the US.. with TX being 2nd behind CA... but.. TX and CA are not in the top 10 States with highest poverty. Nor are they in the bottom 10 with lowest poverty rates.

On the other hand.. CA is #1 with debt, and TX is 3rd behind NY.

Texas has done a great job of spinning the narrative to be the hero of their own story
Conservative states "bad"... gotcha! 🤪

Heck. The Vietnam memorial is in Washington D.C.... not in Vietnam. Gotta get that tourist traffic... right!!??

Talk about tugging on straws.... :D

Maybe the movie is another pipe dream of the Hollywood elite? It's obviously not well thought out with the bombing of American citizens, no bank would allow that to happen.:s0140:

Hopefully it will be over by hunting season. At my age, I don't know till September if I'm still going, I don't want to miss any.
Wonder if our federal senior life time parks pass will give us neutrality status.

Hopefully it will be over by hunting season. At my age, I don't know till September if I'm still going, I don't want to miss any.
Wonder if our federal senior life time parks pass will give us neutrality status.
You might get a pass waiting in line for a burger. :s0140:

"Burger lovers were so desperate to try Idaho's first In-N-Out they waited up to eight hours in line — with some even camping out overnight.
The excitement for the California-based chain's celebrated patties, fries, and shakes was so intense that hundreds were already waiting for the drive-thru when it opened in Meridian on Tuesday at 9 a.m., much earlier than typical hours, the Idaho Statesman reported.
The demand meant it was anything but fast food — with signs soon warning those joining the massive line to expect seven- to eight-hour waits, the outlet said.
Some customers even decorated their cars for the festive occasion."

Point being these are not the behaviors of a nation going to civil war.

:D ya kali is too poor to fight a war unless someone else finances it. Plus they can't buy ammo without a background check so someone will have to supply ammo.

Nahhh kali won't be in a civil war but they have learned to live outdoors.
If some type of regional splits occur in the US, it would likely also include military stationed within whatever regions. "Pledging" to a new Government (Texas, in this ex).

ie California & Washington State stationed military. Not so much California or Washington citizens (militia).

Stuff of fiction.

If Canada goes full commie and allies with Russia, they could try to take Alaska on two fronts?
They would ally with Ukraine maybe after praising that concentration camp guard ,

Canada Nazi row: Governor General apologises for honour given to man who fought in Waffen SS unit

Russia says relations with Canada close to 'being severed' as Ottawa seizes cargo plane

Canada was first G7 country to enact a law to seize assets and divert funds to victims of sanctioned regime

We're too busy annexing Canada.
"Canada has long been one of the United States' closest allies—but the relationship between those nations hasn't always been so friendly. One of the first campaigns of the American Revolution was an attempt to annex Canada, and off-and-on American hostilities were one of the key motivations behind Canada's creation as a unified country.

Besides the American invasion of Canada in 1775, and continued fighting throughout the War of 1812, Canada has faced American invasion on several other occasions."

They tried multiple times and had staggering losses

"Canada has long been one of the United States' closest allies—but the relationship between those nations hasn't always been so friendly. One of the first campaigns of the American Revolution was an attempt to annex Canada, and off-and-on American hostilities were one of the key motivations behind Canada's creation as a unified country.

Besides the American invasion of Canada in 1775, and continued fighting throughout the War of 1812, Canada has faced American invasion on several other occasions."

They tried multiple times and had staggering losses
You're taking this way too seriously.

Texas has wanted to be an independent nation ever since they had to have Uncle Sam rescue them from Mexico . Theyre just biding their time.
Creative fiction.

During the Alamo siege, newly elected delegates from across Texas met at the Convention of 1836. On March 2, the delegates declared independence, forming the Republic of Texas. Six weeks after the massacre, a large Texan army under Sam Houston surprised Mexican President Santa Anna's army at San Jacinto. Shouting "Remember the Alamo!" the Texans defeated the Mexicans and captured Santa Anna. The Mexican dictator was forced to recognize Texas' independence and withdrew his forces south of the Rio Grande.

Texas sought annexation by the United States, but both Mexico and antislavery forces in the United States opposed its admission into the Union. For nearly a decade, Texas existed as an independent republic, and Houston was Texas' first elected president. In 1845, Texas joined the Union as the 28th state, leading to the outbreak of the Mexican-American War.

That does bring up an interesting point. IE., I can easily imagine PDX imploding on itself rather quickly if the influx of resources were to drop to a trickle and the state "majority" turned on them. Unable to police or support the citizenry... and the city dwellers largely lacking the skills and much foreplaning to be able to support themselves independently for such a turn of events... they would eat themselves from the inside in pretty short order.

Ideologically... there's your "greater Idaho" developing naturally by the power of the people and the blue bastions wouldn't have much say in the matter. You're basically talking about turning into a military state... and what should scare the liberals is that most of the people serving in the OR nat'l guard are NOT the woke Portland born, bred and indoctrinated types.

I always get a kick out of the liberals when they say stoopid things like, "What are you going to do? Go against the U.S. military??"... without even thinking it through. In the event of a civil war the military itself would fracture between the political loyalists and the U.S. loyalists. Considering that most who seek service in the military are largely "conservatives"... and some of the largest military bases exist within conservative states... where I plagued with "wokeitis" I would be very highly concerned about my chances of survival.

Just sayin....
Agreed. What you describe for Portland would happen rapidly in major urban centers around the country. Power blackouts and food disruptions would cause havoc in cities with half a million or more residents within days or weeks. I would be more concerned about China sending in troops than the US military in a civil war scenario.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Agreed. What you describe for Portland would happen rapidly in major urban centers around the country. Power blackouts and food disruptions would cause havoc in cities with half a million or more residents within days or weeks. I would be more concerned about China sending in troops than the US military in a civil war scenario.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
If the troops China would send are similar in quality to their consumer goods, I'd welcome them.
images.jpeg-272.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top