JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Using a surefire / geissele rod I checked the alignment on a couple of rifles with cans.
Pictured are the results I got.

first pic is a Daniel Defense mk18 sbr. Didn't expect much issues there, and alignment rod shows totally centered.

however the following two are a 10.3" SBR, DSA MK18 mod 0 build and a 16" aero precision build.

Anyone concerned about the slight misalignment on the two second photos? Obviously alignment rod is not touching the suppressor, there's still a noticeable gap. But being that it's not as centered as on my mk18, should I be concerned?

I also have a BCM 14.5 SBR and the alignment rod is totally dead center on that one. Too lazy to hit the safe and take a pic, but that one is also dead center as far as alignment rod goes. So the DD mk18 and the bcm 14.5 are both dead nuts on.

when looking down the bore from the suppressor end toward the chamber, all 4 rifles looks to be 100% clear with no obstructions.

am I over thinking? Does anyone else have the same experience I have?

Let me know what you think. Advice based on experience is really preferred on this thread.

Thanks fellas

95FA7CC3-F39A-4C0F-87AD-FC977DEC36AE.jpeg 4DA886CB-E7B8-4BC8-B728-8E6769F6AB8F.jpeg D80F8681-0353-45BC-BC61-AE166167E864.jpeg

Many reputable people in the engineering side of the suppressor world say that as long as it's not touching, you are good to go. Verify it's unchanged whether horizontally laying sideways, as well as perfectly on a level surface vertically too!

Many reputable people in the engineering side of the suppressor world say that as long as it's not touching, you are good to go. Verify it's unchanged whether horizontally laying sideways, as well as perfectly on a level surface vertically too!
Thanks for the input

If you have one suppressor for multiple rifles and they all clear the rod, you're good.
If you have multiple suppressors, but each one is for a specific rifle and they all clear the rod, same.
If you have multiple suppressors that get swap around multiple rifles, check each combination that can be potentially made. Tolerance stacking and baffle strike kind of thing.
Just my opinion.

If you have one suppressor for multiple rifles and they all clear the rod, you're good.
If you have multiple suppressors, but each one is for a specific rifle and they all clear the rod, same.
If you have multiple suppressors that get swap around multiple rifles, check each combination that can be potentially made. Tolerance stacking and baffle strike kind of thing.
Just my opinion.
In this case it's two suppressors that are going to be on these guns. Yhm turbo full sized for the 2 10.3's and a turbo k for the 2 "full" sized.

Ain't doing it right unless you have at least one endcap strike on your belt!

Building on the OP's question; what do you do if there is misalignment? What end of the system is usually at fault (suppressor, mounting device, barrel, etc.)?
Only real way to know is to test run out on a spinning device like a lathe. Usually test the barrel first, then muzzle device, lastly suppressor.

A small degree off, makes for a tricky situation on a 8" suppressor. Maybe not so much on a 5" suppressor.

I bought a really cheap three lug a while back. Worked great with my 9mm can in short configuration. Would have never known it was a POS until I decided to try and shoot the can in long configuration on it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top